What revision did you have from a Sleeve?

singhshenna
on 11/16/15 7:25 am - Schenectady, NY

I had a sleeve done in Nov 2011 and started having issues after 6 months. I had test run and my sleeve was larger at the top and very tiny at the bottom, i got tested by a different surgeon so he wouldnt give me incorrect info.

What would you suggest asa good choice of a revision from the sleeve. any comments would be appreciated

SJb41976
on 11/21/15 10:36 am
DS on 02/29/16

Hi!

I had the sleeve in 2010 and have gained all of my weight back. I'm going to have a revision to the DS. It makes the most sense since I already have the stomach for the DS (it's the first part of the procedure). I have thought about it for over a year and really thought through the commitment of taking vitamins and making sure I get my protein in. There is more malabsorption with the DS so it requires diligent aftercare.

Good luck!

denise277
on 12/2/15 1:33 pm - carteret, NJ

I also had the sleeve and gained some weight back on dec 4 this Friday I am have a RNY I wll let u know have it turns out

Shotrod64
on 12/5/15 10:06 pm - Spanaway, WA
Hope the surgery went well for you!!
Shotrod64
on 12/3/15 10:00 pm - Spanaway, WA
I had the sleeve in 2008 and gained it all back. Was to have distal RNY but really thought for myself the DS was a better choice. Changed surgeons and getting the DS on Dec 18.
MsBatt
on 12/8/15 6:20 pm

That would depend on the issues you're having. What symptoms are you trying to clear up?

There's no way to make your current Sleeve larger at the bottom, unless it can be stretched. (Did your surgeon mention this at all?) It would be possible to make it smaller at the top, IF that would address the problems you're having. Really the only other option would be the RNY/gastric bypass.

Pedrof
on 3/20/16 7:52 pm

I have almost the same weight´s issue. After 7 years of my vsg, I gained 70 lbs or 50% of my total lost weight with this surgery.

Nowadays, planning a revision to mini gastric bypass, which in my opinión is not as aggressive as DS or RNY GASTRIC BYPASS.

Make sure to investigase, which surgery is best option in your case.

Regards

Pedro 

Most Active