Revision lapband to Sleeve

paramedic
on 11/11/15 9:23 pm - Coldbrook, Canada

Hi to you all. I currently have the lap band. The first one 2005 which slipped in 2007. 2008 had my second one put in(which I have learned is a no no) I can't take any adjustment the reflux is crazy. So I have decided to get the sleeve. Look for opinions and how the sleeve worked for you. Any advice. Thanks Laurie

clnewsome_85
on 11/12/15 10:27 am
RNY on 10/19/15

I had revision from band to bypass, my doctor does not recommend the sleeve from having the band. He says that your over all outcome isn't as great AND there typically is a lot of scar tissue that makes leaks along your staple line more prone with the sleeve. Hope this helps!

Salmygal
on 11/13/15 6:24 pm

If you are having reflux with the band, you will have issues with the sleeve. Both create a high pressure system in your upper GI system. RNY creates a low pressure system and will help with the reflux. Do not get the sleeve without doing some additional research. 

hteadtbear
on 11/18/15 10:21 am
RNY on 09/01/15

I have also had the revision band to bypass.  My Dr would not do the sleeve due to the issues I was having with the reflux.  She said one of the common complaints from people with the sleeve is people having reflux.  I feel so much better since I had the revision to RNY.  Good luck to you.

Anna082808
on 11/25/15 8:53 am - CA
RNY on 02/26/20
I went from the band, because of slippage to the verticle sleeve, I didn't have reflux problems with the band, but I do now with the v.s. But other than that I'm super happy I went with the v.s. I take an acid reducer daily and that seems to be working. I think what ever you choose you are going to be so happy to get rid of the band. Good luck in your journey.y

Most Active