Roux En Y to BPD/DS

jason_said
on 11/2/15 6:25 am

Good morning. This is my first post. I am brand new to the forum. I start my liver reduction diet in 2 days. My surgery is planned for 11/18. I had Roux En Y bypass in 1998 at 18 years old. I have regained the weight and I am going to have Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch. Has anyone been down this path? I look forward to hearing your responses.

Chickenboob
on 11/3/15 3:03 pm - Rockland, Canada

I am hoping for a revision, so I am looking forward to seeing some information.

RNY 2011/07/26 HW 338; SW 301; LW 199; Starting over weight 255; CW 212; GOAL #1 lose regain back to 199 lbs!

archergirl9
on 11/3/15 5:28 pm

I am looking to have revision surgery for rny to ds.

Just P
on 11/7/15 1:47 pm - DC

I'm just starting research.  Have any of you all had your revisions approved by insurance?

Mz.P Living and Loving Life!

Lilypie Maternity tickers
jason_said
on 11/9/15 4:28 am

Yes my revision is being covered by my insurance.  My insurance company is independent health.

MsBatt
on 11/8/15 5:28 pm

I'm not a revision patient, but I did have the DS nearly 12 years ago. I'm still totally 'in love' with the DS, and still at my lowest adult weight.

Just P
on 11/9/15 5:55 am - DC

Hi Jason, Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. What did you liver reduction diet consist of? Did you surgeon tell you how long the surgery will take? I heard revisions can take longer. Who is your surgeon? How long did it take to get approval, we're their any requirements  other than BMI to get approved?

jason_said
on 11/9/15 6:34 am

Thank you.  Liver reduction diet is a protein shake for breakfast.  Protein shake for lunch with one food item.  One food item for afternoon snack.  Dinner which is 2oz of lean meat and 1 cup of green vegetables.  Optional protein shake for night snack (to be avoided if possible).  Food items are 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, yogurt, applesauce or oatmeal. 

I am not sure how long the surgery will take.  My surgeon is Dr. Dang Tuan Pham.  It took 2 weeks to get approval.  Not sure if there were any other requirements than the BMI but I don't have sleep apnea, diabetes or any of that.  I just gained it back after 17 years. 

Just P
on 11/9/15 7:35 am - DC

I am 12 years out and gain all but 25 pounds :-(  Thanks for the info. 

hipswishingvinegarball
on 11/29/15 3:49 pm

There are plenty of people who have had RNY and other surgeries revised to DS, but most of them went to Drs Rabkin or Keshishian. 

I haven't heard of your Dr, but am glad there is another Dr on board that can handle this complicated surgery. 

I hope you join us on some of the DS boards!

Most Active