Lap Band to Sleeve questions

Tcstacks
on 11/9/15 4:12 pm - AL

I had lapband to sleeve revision with hernia repair last Tuesday due to a slip.  My band story is a long one and I won't go into that, but fortunately, I was near my lowest weight when I found out about the slip.  For 6 months, I'd had horrible, almost nightly, bouts of vomiting in my sleep and a couple of episodes of terrible bronchitis due to what I'm sure was aspiration. My stomach was coming back through my band due to the slip.  My surgeon did mine in one surgery.  He said I had the worst case of scar tissue he's ever seen.  My only complication has been a touch of pneumonia due to a cold I had just before surgery, but I'm much better.  Recovery has been much more difficult than my band, but I think that's just due to my optimism of thinking I would be back at work today which didn't happen, though I'm hopeful of being able to work half days for the next few days.  Mostly I'm just tired and wear out easily.  Oh, and very, very gassy!! I work at a desk from home, so I'm lucky that I have flexibility.  

Good luck to you!

Teresa

Most Active