This is real...

peacebypiece
on 10/27/15 2:37 pm

I saw the surgeon this morning to see if I qualified for a revision to rny. I do qualify and am now moving on to the next steps of the process.

So...why can I only focus on the negative--the info the doctor gave me on chances of dying/ complications etc. I am at a relatively low risk but the revision itself is more risk than the rny.

Why am I focusing on this? Please tell me this is just a normal part of taking the process seriously...I think I know this--would love some confirmation though:))

clnewsome_85
on 10/27/15 5:35 pm
RNY on 10/19/15

They have to tell you everything AND it is a major surgery. I am 8 days out revision from band to RNY. my surgery was only supposed to be 2.5 hours long, I was under for almost 5. I had SO much scar tissue but my surgeon is wonderful and worked thru it the right way. I woke up and walked an hour after I got to my room. I kept walking all night, every time I used the restroom is walk after. I have had very minimal to no pain. I feel great and am already down 7 pounds (added bonus). I am following the rules very well and staying moving and active. Do what is right for you! I am so happy I had the revision and I am even more thrilled at how I feel. I took 2 weeks off work and got so bored I went back today. I fee like I could have gone back Saturday (less than a week post op) but I work at a dental office and we are closed lol. Best of luck to you!!! Hope you get where you would like to be

chels

nininn
on 10/27/15 6:06 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

OMG Chels!! This makes me feel good! I am super stressed. So glad that your revision went well. Did you have your band out the same time or was this a seperate surgery? Mine band has been out for 2 years.

"slow and steady wins the race..."

clnewsome_85
on 10/28/15 4:48 am
RNY on 10/19/15

Same time, he said the scar tissue and difficultly would have been worse if we did them in two seperate so that's why it took so long. So love me surgeon bc he weighs those options and thought about everything before choosing what he was going to do but we were under the understanding that I could wake up with just band removal. Lucky for me, all in one!

Good luck!!!!

nininn
on 10/27/15 6:05 pm - RI
RNY on 11/02/15

My surgery is Monday! I am kind of freaking out a bit! I have heart issues and diabetes...and being under that long freaks me out. I know I have scar tissue from the band erosion and my surgeon told me about 3hrs for my surgery and 2 hrs in recovery. I am also having anxiety because my almost 4yr old is SUPER attached to me and being away from her for a few days is going to be tough on both of us.

They have to give you the bad, but I am trying so hard to focus on the good...Keep the positive in front and focus on that!!

"slow and steady wins the race..."

hteadtbear
on 10/28/15 10:25 am
RNY on 09/01/15

I had revision surgery from band to rny on Sept 1st, so 8 weeks ago. I too was a bit nervous about the possible complications. I think that is pretty normal from what I have heard from some others. I was also so excited I was able to get it done I think that out weighed the "being scared". I super happy to have made this decision. I already feel so much better.

It was a little rough the 1st week after surgery just trying to get the protein in and getting up and moving around. I did it but it was a little uncomfortable where the inside stitches were. It definitely got better. Walking is great even if you have to do it a little at a time.

Hopefully you will have some help with your little one, you wont be able to do any lifting for a while.

Good luck to you

Lisa09
on 11/1/15 4:40 pm - NH

My surgery is Monday also. Stay positive, focus on you!

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

Hotchic
on 11/2/15 10:59 pm

Hi I'm looking at a revision from sleeve to Gastric bypass.what exactly d I'd you have to tell your dr.or discuss.i suppose to meet with my pam in a few weeks.i had surgery jan2014.only lost 40lbs.gerd is worst. Diabetes, sleep apnea.asthma , colosteral.is all wost.just wondering were I should start.

Hotchic
on 11/2/15 11:00 pm

Hi I'm looking at a revision from sleeve to Gastric bypass.what exactly d I'd you have to tell your dr.or discuss.i suppose to meet with my pam in a few weeks.i had surgery jan2014.only lost 40lbs.gerd is worst. Diabetes, sleep apnea.asthma , colosteral.is all wost.just wondering were I should start.

Most Active