How is your appetite post op? (4 days post op)

clnewsome_85
on 10/23/15 1:25 pm
RNY on 10/19/15

Cross posted

I am 4 days post-op (Revision-Lap band to RNY) and today i was told I can start incorporating clear protein if I would like. I tried a little bit of Isopure-YUCK and decided to try what I like Nectar-island cooler. i had about 5 sips...I am terrified to dump at this point and everyone is different. My stomach was a little upset and I have had an upset stomach yet. MY question is, when did you get an appetite? I have NONE. I can get down my water and some broth and really enjoy Mayfield Bananna Popsicles (which i cant find anywhere) and that's it. I had two bites of jello and was "full" I haven't been hungry so i didnt want to push the jello if i didnt want it. Any suggestions or insight?

I can tell i still have some gas but have been walking around alot. Made it around the neighborhood, walmart and grocery store today and feel fine, not sore or overly tiered.

Thanks in advance

Chelsea

Dibaby45
on 10/25/15 4:34 pm

Be happy you have no appetite. Makes the losing so much easier. I didn't as well until about 4 months out. I'm so sad now that I have the nagging hunger pains back again. Oh well. I know I have heard of a few people that it never comes back..those lucky devils! You are going to be fine. Just get that protein in and you will be back on your feet in no time. It just takes time to adjust to the new feelings that your body is telling you versus what the band was telling you. Some of it is so different at least for myself it is. Then some are the same, like restriction. It's all good though. Eat what the doctor tells you too and the amount. Do not go over. Weight and measure everything. If you can't eat it all no biggee. Just relax and heal up :)

Surgeon: Dr. Heydari. Lap-Band to RNY bypass. Surgery June 23, 2015.

Lisa09
on 10/30/15 7:01 pm - NH

Thanks for sharing. I'm amazed you're out and about at 4 days post op! Wow! I have my revision surgery band to bypass scheduled for Monday and am nervous and excited.

HW: 280 SW: 270. CW: 190. Goal: 140

Lap Band: 10/2007 Insurance Approval: 10/19/15 Revision to RNY: 11/2/15

Preop -10 M1 -26  M2 -19  M3 -10  M4 -11  M5 -3  M5  -4  M6 .. Too tired to do the math, but slow

clnewsome_85
on 10/31/15 5:01 am
RNY on 10/19/15

I am a little under 2 weeks now and I went back to work last week :-) have been to the gym and lived a normal life! My incisions area healed and I start my soft foods on Sunday as well as my supplements next week :-) honestly, I feel like my gall bladder surgery was worse. I have felt great though! It's hard to get my water in so I'm working really hard at that but for the most part it's been a piece of cake for me. Hardest part is the mental thing and remembering I can't taste test when I'm cooking. Like now, I'm cooking bacon, smells amazing but physically not hungry. My surgeon did have a hard time removing my band and took his time in removing scar tissue bc I had so much. My surgery lasted about 2.5 hours longer than the estimated 2 hours. So be prepared :-)

good luck! Reach out to me if you have any questions!!

poplargreys
on 10/30/15 7:40 pm
VSG on 03/31/15

I wasn't a revision, but I am 7 months out and still have no appetite or physical hunger feeling, and have not since I woke up after surgery.

Most Active