Who/Where/How Much- Self Pay Revision Band to Sleeve

michemel
on 10/21/15 8:56 am - Atlanta, GA

Hi guys. I've had the band for 10 years. Like most with the band, success at first (never got down to where I needed to be), then slowly the weight has crept back on. So, I'm looking to get the sleeve. Being a cash pay patient, I am obviously looking for the best deal! Of course, I want a great surgeon as well.

I had my band done in Chattanooga. I currently live in Atlanta, but willing to travel if I can find the right doctor at the right price. I'm still unsure about Mexico. I did look into it a bit, but skeptical.

-Who's had the revision?

-Where did you have it done?

-How much was it?

-Do you recommend the dr.?

Thanks in advance!

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/15 5:50 pm

If you are a self pay I would recommend researching Mexico. It is so much cheaper and there are very very good surgeons and hospitals there.Lots of info out there about Mexican surgeons and try the Mexico forum here.

michemel
on 10/22/15 9:41 am - Atlanta, GA

I have starting looking into this. Thanks for the suggestion.

Michelle

cher22
on 10/21/15 11:30 pm - Oak Park, IL

Call a few hospitals in your area Some hospitals have a charity program and may help pay for some or all of your surgery !!!!

Good luck hun!

Be patient and all will fall into place!

Peaceful day to you

michemel

Thanks!

Michelle

A. Robinson
on 10/22/15 9:02 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

I am not a self pay patient but am from Middle Tn & am traveling to Chattanooga to Dr. Sanborn who specializes in revisions. My appointment is Nov. 11th & I will let you know what my experience was like. I have the sleeve & am looking for a revision to whatever he feels is the best option.

michemel

Hi. I had Dr. Ponce in Chatt. Can I ask why you are revising the sleeve? Are you having issues?

Michelle

A. Robinson
on 10/22/15 10:09 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

I want him to just check it out & see if it has stretched or any other malfunction as to why I only lost 43 lbs which 13 was pre-op. I am back up to 225. I feel hungry often even after eating chicken and other proteins. Not eating much carbs and walking often.

michemel
on 10/23/15 5:57 am - Atlanta, GA

Thanks for letting me know. I'm so scared after reading on this board about people doing revisions of the sleeve to bypass or something else. I had the band early on after it was out, I wish I would have waited and had more data to go on. The sleeve is still fairly new too, and I know people who have had it and not had much success or have gained all their weight back.

I know no WLS surgery is a magic cure, but it seems there are more and more failure stories out there.

I am thinking I'm going to give my band one more try before I do anything else. Waiting on my dr to call back today. I had all the fluid removed early this year, and the weight is just creeping back. Despite my efforts at the gym and the nut. I hired. So frustrating!

Good luck to you. I hope there is nothing wrong medically with your sleeve.

Michelle

A. Robinson
on 10/23/15 7:09 am - Columbia, TN
VSG on 04/29/13

You are welcome. I have been reading tons of stuff too & am not really positive of what to do. I need to get my PCOS under control for sure. My A1C has remained around 6. I hope there is nothing wrong with my sleeve too, but I am curious to see what it looks like & how big it is. I have no idea what size bougie my Dr used. I feel like such a failure. There are many people who are successful and those tend not to understand the struggle of us who have not been so successful. I am looking for positive support here. Keep in touch if you would like. I will update once I meet with the surgeon on Nov. 11th.

Most Active