After years of waiting......Revision #2 in 11 days!!!

Whit
on 10/17/15 4:27 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Is Dr. Wong on the Vetted Revision list? I revised from RNY to DS. It's no joke. But your a nurse and probably know this. There is no guarantee when it comes to leaks. My Surgeon is one of the best and I was in the hospital for 3 weeks with a leak. They just do not know until they get in there to see what has been done previously.

Good luck and speedy healing to you please check in after.

Best,

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

hchuffman24
on 10/18/15 5:09 am

Unfortunately, Dr. Wongsa passed away a few years back. He performed my original RNY. My sleeve/DS revision surgeon is Dr. St. Laurent and he actually prefers to do these tricky revision cases. You're right, absolutely NO guarantees even in the hands of the most skilled surgeon. I'm prepared for all possible outcomes, but hoping for the best! I will post updates. Thank you!! :)

Heather
(deactivated member)
on 10/18/15 5:00 am

Congratulations on getting your approval after such a long wait and good luck Heather. I hope this new surgery does the trick for you. Nice to know there are some professionals out there *****ally do understand what this is all about. Double win, one for you as you finally get your revision and one for any of your patients who can benefit from your understanding. Let us know how it goes.

hchuffman24
on 10/18/15 5:11 am

I will be sure to post updates, and thank you so much! Four days and counting! ?

Heather
Terrie Foust
on 10/18/15 1:41 pm - NC

Congratulations Heather... I'm so happy for you and wish nothing but the best for you on your journey. My story is so similar to yours. I was 355 2 1/2 years ago when I was sleeved and lost weight for about 8 or 9 months straight then stopped. Lost 90 lbs but now have gained a nice bit of it back. Not ccurrently at 310. Starting to get really depressed about it.i have been looking into getting a revisoon but so far not having any luck getting past a phone call smh. I have asked for help on the support groups on Facebook which I only got negative feedback from. from I was feeling like I was the only person that failed at this things and don't know what I am saying wrong when talking to these places about a revision. If there is anyone who can help me PLEASE help me with this. I just want a healthier happier life and willing to do whatever it takes.

Most Active