Advice Needed please RNY looking for revision - CT

Whit
on 9/27/15 10:14 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Hello, I revised from RNY to DS in 2012. RNY was 2002 and I also gained a large portion of my weight back. Dr. Ara Keshishian was my Surgeon. I got of to a rough start but am happy and healthy now. I am a normal BMI (125 pounds) I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Good luck.

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Dena198
on 10/20/15 5:59 pm

Hi Whit,

I am looking to have a revision from my RNY which I had in 2002. Can you provide an update on your surgery? All that I have read has spoken on how difficult and dangerous it is to switch to the DS. A surgeon with the New York Bariatric Group advised that the only surgery that I could get is the lap band over bypass so any information that you have would be helpful.

Thanks,

Audrey

MsBatt
on 9/30/15 3:38 am

Obviously he's not a very good surgeon, then. (*grin*) As others have suggested, look for a surgeon who can do a true RNY-to-DS revision. That's the most complicated (for the surgeon) revision out there, but it's also the most successful. Another plus for you would be that the DS is the form of WLS with the very best stats for resolving or preventing both diabetes and high cholesterol.

Medicare DOEs cover this procedure, and it's my understanding that if your primary insurance---in this case, Medicare---approves a procedure, your secondary MUST cover.

Whit
on 10/22/15 6:46 am
Revision on 12/10/12

I revised to DS with Dr Keshishian in 2012. I traveled for surgery. I lost 100% excess body weight. It was not easy recovery was slow but I'm glad I took the time to find the best option for me. Totally worth the expense.

Good luck

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active