Apollo Overstich Procedure / Endoscopic Gastric Suturing

Melissa S.
on 10/24/15 6:42 am - Bristol, VA

Thank you. Best of luck to you.

turner2r
on 2/18/16 4:37 am
Revision on 01/20/16

Hi

I just had the Apollo Overstitch procedure1.20.16 and have lost 19lbs. This is without exercise as I am too tired and weak. I used Dr Thompson at Brigham and Women's in Boston. My original surgery was in 2007. I was 260 got down to 130. Stayed that way until 4.5 years and the weight started creeping back on, I was diagnosed with severe Fibromyalgia and Lyme Disease.  My gym workouts slowed. My stoma opened due to the first surgery they had stretched scar tissue that was covering my outlet. Now they no longer do it that way finding that it's a muscle and will continue to stretch. Mine at surgery was 20mm. Mind you another surgery had tried 2 yes 2 other revisions, banding and lengthening the roux y limb. Neither worked. So into Boston I went. His 2 year waiting list I was bumped up after my story and seeing my serious medical issues. The surgery was uneventful,  it was an overnight to ensure fluids in the morning.  I'll be on fluids for 47 days. Hopefully by then the swelling will be down then 2 weeks of soft foods, and then a 1200 calorie diet.  

I hope with the increase in calories I will be able to exercise soon. Last night was interesting as you could hear my pouch gurgle little bits of fluid out every few seconds.  I'm learning it's so important to listen to your body. Not to drink more than 8 ounces in one hour.  

Glad someone else has had it. I wish you the best. I hope to lose 50lbs in addition,  I know it will be alot of work but with the 9 sutures and my new chance at getting healthy I'm not taking it for granted.

Wish you the very best! 

Melissa S.
on 2/18/16 4:47 pm - Bristol, VA

Good luck to you.  I hope all works out well.  It is work for sure.  Definitely not an easy fix.  You still have to be very conscious of your eating habits and have to work to lose the weight and keep it off.  I lost 30 pounds and have stalled a bit.  I am trying to work in more exercise and changing up my eating a bit to try to lose more.  I do have restriction and that means a lot.  It really helps control your portions.

scmcdunn
on 3/1/16 10:56 am - Schaumburg, IL

I had my original RNY on May 31, 2015. Hard to believe it's been 10 1/2 years! I started over 300 lbs (around 310) and the lowest I ever got was 188 lbs. I have regained 20 lbs, which could be a lot worse! The problems I've been having lately is that I can't exercise like I used to because I'm on course for a knee replacement in the next 1-2 years. I love Jazzercise and used to go 5 times/week. Now I'm lucky if I can go once a week and I can't even march in place most of the time. The other problem is that I have no restriction left and can't reign in my hunger. I have finally been approved after 6 months for an endoscopic revision. I believe it's the Appollo Overstitch but will know more when I see my surgeon. I am waiting to get scheduled!!!! My hopes are that I can lose 50-60 lbs and alleviate some of my knee issues. I'm also hoping that recovery is not long. I was hoping to only take a couple of days off work!

I thank you for posting your information!

Melissa S.
on 3/1/16 2:52 pm - Bristol, VA

Good luck to you.  I only missed a couple of days of work, but I had to travel for my surgery.  I really could have went back the next day.  Depends on your job duties.  It has helped a lot with restriction.  But you still have to work at it to lose the weight.  Hang in there!

linjurado
on 5/8/16 8:13 am

Hi Melissa

i am following up with you. How are you doing?

Gavin B.
on 4/4/17 1:48 pm - Orlando, FL

Did you have your endoscopic revision surgery?

scmcdunn
on 10/9/17 10:11 am - Schaumburg, IL

Yes...I had the Appollo overstitch procedure. It was great.

Kschoenheide80
on 6/22/18 11:49 pm - Hoosick Falls, NY

How has your weight loss been since your revision.

Most Active