Rate of weight loss after VSG revision to DS

H.A.L.A B.
on 8/15/15 11:55 am

With so many things I have to deal post op RNY- I  personally don't recommend that. 

I keep my weight off because this is the only good thing o have going post op RNY. And I am not going to gain my weight back. 

I think missing pyloric valve is really bad things. 

I was lucky, because my doc reinforcers the stoma, trying to prevent stretch.. 

Thing with restrictions- is that if I eat carbs - I can eat and eat and eat...even when paired with dense protein.  I think insulin makes my pouch less sensitive to full/ hungry signals. 

But eating low carbs, higher fat for 2 - 4 days (white knockle deal with cravings) makes me more sensitive to the qty of food. 

Artificial sweeteners- makes me hungry...really hungry.. 

Too much acid - and you think I have not eaten in 2 days..thanks how hungry I get.  Pain pills - any pain pills...also lower the pouch sensitivity to full/hungry... 

Not enough water- same thing.

Add the fact that I need to be on steroids...and that is a complete new story.. New dept of hunger. 

If I were you- I would try really strict keto diet, really really low carbs (total - don't foul yourself with net) ,  limiting calories to 1500 per day initially, then once you hunger is controlled, to 1000-1200. With no more than 20-40 gr carbs., no more than 70-80 gr of proteins, rest from good fats like bacon, avocado, olives, butter.etc. ad natural - minimally processed foods. 

I.e. pork rinds are my to go snack. If I want fancy - I get exts guacamole... 

Wishing you best. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

k__
on 8/16/15 8:17 pm - Bellevue, WA
DS on 08/06/15

My revision to DS cost $9000 at the Mexicali Bariatric Center. Same place I had the sleeve 4 years ago. I'd recommend them to anyone. I have yet to see one negative review or outcome - I spend months, days and hours doing web research before making these kind of decisions.

Most Active