I have a surgery date!

losing_the_band
on 8/4/15 1:49 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

I just found out that I'm getting my band-to-RNY revision done on August 24th!  I'm thrilled, but I'l also freaking out because I've only got about 2 1/2 weeks to get all of my medical clearances done (blood labs, chest xray, cardiac clearance, etc.).  I'm trying not to panic, lol.  The hoops I had to jump through for approval seemed like they lasted forever (I had to completely redo all of my pre-approval qualifications, plus insurance kept trying to deny the surgery until my surgeon did a peer-to-peer appeal), but everything is going super-fast now that I'm approved.  In less than three weeks time, I will be back on the loser's bench!

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

SmallerKenah
on 8/4/15 4:43 pm
VSG on 02/14/12

CONGRATS!!!!!!!

Lisa09
on 8/8/15 6:49 pm - NH

I'm so happy for you!!! How exciting!!! I hope I'll be behind you quickly. 

Butterfli2005
on 8/10/15 8:00 pm

Fantastic! It took me 7 months and found out on a Wednesday that I was approved and surgery would be the following Monday! Yup Monday! Fortunately I had planned for this surgery for several months so 4 days notice was not to much of a panic. In fact I was really excited. I am so happy I was able to get approved for this. The day before surgery I was 240 Lbs. Yesterday, 3 weeks later I am at 224 lbs. This is based on my scale not the doctors, so I am sure there is some variation but on my scale that is what it is. I know my pants are starting to fall down around my knees which is awesome! So it is hard to tell how much exactly I have lost due to the difference between my start weight and last Thursdays weight vs. my scale at home.. but hey, I will take what ever I can get!

Karen R.
on 8/12/15 5:12 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

WOW! I'm impressed with the surgery date so quick. I have to follow a super strict diet for 14 days pre-op and if I don't they will cancel my surgery.  I guess they check my urine test for ketones preop to see if I was compliant.

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Karen R.
on 8/12/15 5:13 am - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Congratulations on the surgery approval! Let us know how your surgery goes and good luck!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Most Active