weight gain 75% post lapband 2 years post baby...

kgroysman
on 8/5/15 12:04 pm

I had lapband on 9/1/09, had a baby in 2013 and gained 75 pounds from the 100 I have initially lost with the band.... I am struggling like crazy to lose weight... I go down 3, go up 5... its driving me crazy... I am 90% sure I want a revision ... but my dr keep telling me to use the tool I already have... I feel like im either too tight or too loose... I cant find a balance... I want to have another baby in a year or 2 but cant afford to gain more... MY goal is to be a tiny pregnant girl... and I know for a fact I don't want to be miserable trying to lose weight for another 2-4 years till I try for another baby...any regrets on converting from the band to the sleeve?

Hislady
on 8/5/15 11:28 pm - Vancouver, WA

The band has a 60% failure rate so I would say just tell him to take it out it obviously isn't working and you can't work a broken tool. You need to just get it out and revise to something that will actually give you a chance to go ahead with your plans for more babies! The band will get you nowhere! I only know 2 people who didn't like their sleeves and it wasn't because it didn't work they just really liked their bands and how they felt in them. Everyone else I know with a sleeve just loves them!!

Most Active