Starting my journey to a revision

kati_baby
on 7/17/15 3:04 pm

Hello, I have RNY back in 2007 and lost about 50 pounds total. Now I am in the works of having a RNY revision. I have to do 6 months of dietary and have done 3 so far. So 3 more to go. Just had my consult and met with the surgeon. I am at 353 right now. When I had my first I was about the same. The dr said I would have to be in the hospital for 4 days. Isn't that a long time. I was only in for 2 before. Has anyone had a revision and how are they doing? Are things working better for you this time around? Thanks for reading!

janinemarie
on 7/17/15 5:55 pm

Hello, I didn't do my revision yet but I am hoping to do my revision to RNY soon.  I had the sleeve in 2010 lost about 85 pounds and gained 30 pounds back.  I'm just wondering, what is the RNY revision you are doing?  I hope it won't be four days in the hospital.  Good luck!

Butterfli2005
on 7/18/15 7:43 pm

I have my revision from a proximatal RNY to a distal RNY, which for me will be exactly the same surgery but with a much longer bypassed length. I am hoping it will work well. If you decide that you are going with a distal RNY join the support board on Facebook. There are a lot of post ops from different lengths of time that can help you get a feel for what you are up against, and how it works.

janinemarie
on 7/19/15 6:21 pm

Thank you, there is so much I don't know about RNY.  I'm also researching a new surgery my doctor said to me about SIPPS.  It seems interesting but it so new.  

janinemarie
on 7/19/15 6:21 pm

Thank you, there is so much I don't know about RNY.  I'm also researching a new surgery my doctor said to me about SIPPS.  It seems interesting but it so new.  

ltkokomo
on 7/23/15 9:00 am

I had my RNY revision on 7/9/15 and recovering well I was in the hospital for 2 days. My original weight loss was not as successful as it could have been even though I followed all the rules. I was recently diagnosed with some complications that contributed to the regain and now I'm recovering and starting over. Which I am very happy since my tool has been corrected and I'm already losing weight again. I'm a goal setter and goals motivate me for success and I'm 3 pounds from my first goal alreadySometines you have to applaud yourself because I've been through so much medically before the problems were found by my surgeon who is the best!

Most Active