A revision for me...Can someone tell me about it??

Ann M.
on 7/22/15 8:04 am - Peoria, AZ

I originally had a distal RNY.  I lost over 150 pounds and felt very good except that I had severe diarrhea for a long time after.  I had to have extra clothes at work just in case.  I couldn't eat and be far away from a bathroom or I'd be sorry.  I still have trouble every now and then but an anti-diarrheal helps to take care of it.  I know of several others who were revised to a distal and Thad had very bad problems with nutrition an getting enough vitamins no matter what.  I had a fall in 2011 that screwed my brain and my metabolism up and have regained 50 pounds.  I am thinking about a revision but would revise to a DS.  All the people I know that revised that way got healthy again and are loving their lives.  I would check into a revision to DS.  I think you'll be much happier and healthier than having a distal RNY which is where they cut out more intestine and can cause problems.  My original RNY was in 2006 and was doing well until my fall.  I have arthritis problems that won't allow me to exercise like I used to and I'm paying the price.

Certified OH Support Group Leader

Bariatric University - Bariatric Coach
Most Active