Lap band conversion to?

nurseforsleeve
on 6/24/15 11:39 am
with

I had lap band placed in 2009, lost about 40 lbs the first 3 months and ended up pregnant. Gained all the weight back and then some. Tried fills after having my daughter, but nothing really worked. So, I'm now trying to convert to another wls and just so unsure which way to go. I have been researching, youtubing, and reading forums. My dr removed my lap band in May 2015. No issues with reflux, slippage, erosions, etc. I initially decided on the sleeve, but I've read so many issues such as slow or no weight loss due to being a conversion, sleeve revising to bypass, and sleeves starting to have more issues with leaks. I guess I need to stay offline. Bypass is considered the "gold standard", but I'm scared about the rerouting, taking vitamins for the rest of my life, and of course...leaks. So, I guess I need feedback on your experiences and why you chose to convert to bypass or sleeve. Also, anybody with slow weight loss or other issues with sleeve that had conversion done in 1 surgery versus 2 surgeries, I would like to hear your experiences as well.

mwoods1234
on 6/26/15 8:06 am

I am looking for the same information. I was banded in 2006 and had my little girl in 2009 and since then I can't find the sweet spot with the band. I have always had problems pbing and with reflux and choking at night once I started to get tight. I am considering a revision at the same time I have my band removed.

Did your Dr do a revision in May when your band was removed or are you still deciding on what procedure to get done?

Michelle

nurseforsleeve
on 6/26/15 9:01 am
with

He removed my band in May and I'm still trying to decide which way to go...

Most Active