Surgery went well!

keepmenmind
on 6/4/15 3:23 am - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 06/02/15

My revision went well and was done by Dr. Duncan here in Atlanta. I had a RNY to RNY with lengthening my roux limb. I was discharged from the hospital on yesterday. I am very sore, no appetite just thirsty. The nurse saw that I almost drank a entire bottle of water and freaked out. I can say I feel better than I did yeaterday. I am kind of happy I don't own a scale because I would be on it everyday.  TTYL

Hotchic
on 6/4/15 1:24 pm

I'm happy too here everything went well..how long did you have to wait for revision surgery.im only 18th out.im thinking about the same thing.what made you decide.im at a lost of only 40 lbs. 

Nerdy_girl
on 6/4/15 3:13 pm - MD

Congrats! I hope you are healing well.  I look forward to reading your updates. 

Jeppa
on 6/4/15 5:52 pm
Revision on 06/02/15

Congratulations!  I had my revision on the same day (band to RNY) and I am extremely thirsty but my swallow (barium) test revealed that the bottom my esophagus is extremely swollen and whatever I drink stays in my esophagus a little too long. Doc says the swelling will go down and that I will be able to feel the fluids going down. I made my hubby pull the battery out of my scale LOL - I would be doing the same thing!

12.25.08 - Starting Weight: 408...7.30.09 - Surgery  Weight: 336

6.2.15 - Revision Surgery (Lap removal/RNY) Wt: 295

keepmenmind
on 6/6/15 7:56 am - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 06/02/15

My stomach seems to be swollen ... Honestly I look atleast 8 months pregnant. I wonder if this is normal??? How are you doing with your diet? I can say I am in less pain today, I even walked on the treadmill for 30 mins... Slow pace 2.0 mph.i feel much better.

Butterfli2005
on 6/6/15 8:03 pm

I am so happy for you that surgery and recovery are going great! I imagine the swelling is more gas than anything else, even if you are not feeling it. 
I look forward to watching your journey. I have been dis-approved for surgery 3 times by insurance now so I am just experiencing the excitement and experiences you all have. Maybe some day I will make it to those same great experiences you all have. I am still fighting and you all give me lots of encouragement! Especially when I read your stories..
I am impressed you did 30 min on the treadmill at this point! That is awesome!

Jeppa
on 6/7/15 8:36 am
Revision on 06/02/15

I think mine sort of feels swollen, but it might be because every time I move I hold my stomach like I am 8 months pregnant! (Don't want anything falling out!)  My diet is decent, but - I know I'm not eating as much as I should, or even getting as much liquids as I should I've fallen in love with the activia light yogurt, and I bought the isopure creamy vanilla protein powder - that mixed in soy is yummy. But I can't seem to get enough fluids. Partly because I feel like I am sleeping more than I am awake.  I haven't gotten up to walking for long periods at a time. I seem to get exhausted easily. But the doctor told me if I at least stand up, once an hour (that I am awake) that will allow the blood to circulate.    Yesterday we had massive thunder storms and it rained all day so I just stayed inside. It seems pretty today, I will make it a point to go outdoors and walk a bit.  

I am feeling less and less pain. But the incision area is starting to itch like crazy!

cuppyb
on 6/7/15 6:47 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

Glad your surgery went well.  I'm 2 1/2 weeks out and still not hungry.  I have head hunger where I want to chew something not just drink my meal     

Back to work tomorrow and down 20 pounds

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.- Author unknown

keepmenmind
on 6/7/15 8:05 am - Atlanta, GA
Revision on 06/02/15

Way to go!!!!! 20lbs is very good! I started getting on the treadmill yesterday and have had a lot of gas last night. Other than that no complaints. What foods are you eating now?

Jeppa
on 6/7/15 8:39 am
Revision on 06/02/15

Congrats! I can't wait to see what I've lost. I"m avoiding the scale until I go in for my first week post-op. What do you do for work? I'm seriously wanting to go back to work Thursday, which will only be 1 week post op.  But I work behind a desk. I think I can manage. Or at least I hope I can!

Most Active