I have a RNY gastric bypass looking for revision options

dee492
on 6/2/15 9:04 am - Chandler, AZ

I was using my fitness pal regularly for a while and looking back my average caloric intake over a month was 1361 and my exercise average cals burned were 146 per day. I have not had any testing, my doc is making me an appt for follow up and a meeting with the dietician. I do sometimes drink with my food now, not often but occasionally, I usually wait about 30-40 mins after eating to drink, I drink at least 90 ozs of water per day, not to mention I eat ice all day. I don't really measure my food, but still eat off kids and salad plates vs the normal large plates. If eating out I still box half my meal immediately and I eat proteins first. I would really love to know how I stand with an RMR test. I really feel horrible eating so the only meal I really do well with is breakfast, after that it seems to go down hill. I am bloated after lunch and miserable 90% of the time, I am horribly gassy all day and in uncomfortable pain. I don't know what the insurance entails yet as far as my guidelines because yesterday was the first day I really started any sort of process. I am getting an appt and she is checking my insurance for all info.

surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
ShebasMom
on 6/2/15 9:36 am
Revision on 07/05/16

Go back to MFP and see where you are with calories now, so you will have current info for your dietician. She/he may want a copy of last 3 days.

Lol, I use toddler plates and 6" dishes (bread dish at restaurants) for my meals. Waitresses must think I'm weird. I usually can get 3 servings from a meal at restaurants, especially if the meat portion is large.

What do you eat for breakfast?  That could be causing the bloating and gas. Also eating ice could cause the gas, because you may be swallowing air too. 

Seems like you've got things started. I hope you have a lot of patience, because it will seem so slow, getting all the things insurance requires before they agree to pay. I wish you luck with this journey.

dee492
on 6/2/15 9:52 am - Chandler, AZ

Thank you! I wish you luck as well and I hope things all work out great for you!

surgery 312                     current 184                       goal 150          
souledout
on 6/2/15 7:47 pm
RNY on 01/04/12

WOW GREAT CONVERSATION GUYS, I'M NOT TO SURE ABOUT ALL THE MEDIAL LINGO BUT I AM IN TEXAS AND I TOO AM SEEKING REVISION. i HAD BOTH ENDOSCOPY AND GI THAT SHOWED ENLARGED POUCH AND RAPID LIQUID RELEASE FROM POUCH TO BOWEL ANY SUGGESTIONS I HAVE BCBS OF TEXAS  WHICH WILL COVER REVISION FOR THESE REASONS BUT I CANT FIND A DOC AND MY ORIGINAL DOC WON'T DO IT. I AM EVEN LOOKING TO GOING OUTSIDE THE US FOR THE REVISION.  

ShebasMom
on 6/3/15 8:02 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

I've seen other people post about having difficulty finding a surgeon to repair their pouch/stoma. You may want to post on RNY forum and put in title..looking for surgeon to repair pouch stoma. After most people have their revision, they go to the forum relevant to their new surgery. Good luck in your journey.

Donna

HW322 SW296 GW150 LW196 

RNY 8-29-11

Revision to Distal bypass 7-5-16

SW262 GW165 

John 3:16

cuppyb
on 6/7/15 7:02 am - Fort Worth, TX
Revision on 05/20/15 with

Hi

I went through Dr. Alexander in Dallas for my revision.  I have Aetna Open Select and they got me approved first try.   Revision was 5/20 and my hubby is getting revised 6/22

Most Active