Self Pay Revision from VSG to DS, Questions....

Appleshaped
on 5/8/15 2:09 pm

We have the same story. I got down to 167 lost my mom nov 2014 and can't get out of the200s

Ellie4me
on 5/11/15 7:48 am

Appleshape- so sorry to about your mom, too.   I think for most and I know for me, it was a terrible loss.  Sorry we have the same story because it's so incredibly frustrating!  I was so tiny, a size 6 jeans and now maybe a 14 if there cut big.   I had to cancel my VSG to DS, and not sure when I can reschedule and worry it won't work either.  Some days I know I'm eating under 500 calories but it doesn't matter, I still can't lose the weight.  I just don't know what else to try.  I thought the VSG was pretty extreme and now I am big again.  Feel like I'm never going to be thin again.

Appleshaped
on 5/11/15 7:52 am

How did you do on yesterday? Are you on Facebook? 

Ellie4me
on 5/11/15 8:06 am

Better this year than last.  Just have to hang in there.  A friend said it comes in waves and I think that is a true description.  Sometimes it's small and shakes you, and other times they are huge and knock you down.  She told me its easier to ride the wave and not fight them and conserve your strength for getting back up after they knock you down.

Appleshaped
on 5/11/15 8:11 am

I Have to self pay because I no longer have the benefits. I was thinking about going to Mexico 

Ellie4me
on 5/12/15 11:34 am

I went to Mx for my VGS.  It went great and I didn't have any issues.  I went alone, they took great care of me.  The only thing was the flight home was long with connections and even though I was up walking hallways right away, that was the most activity I had done in several days and it wore me out.  I don't really remember being uncomfortable (they give you pain killers for the flight home), I just didn't feel like traveling and sitting upright and "presentable" to the public.  

I remember there was another lady having it also and had traveled with her sister to MX.  Her sister had VGS about 3 yrs earlier and she regretfully talked about how she had gained some of the weight back but was going to "get back on tract" after they both got home.  Since I already had my mind set that this was the miracle cure to my life long weight struggle, I guess I completely ignored that she had gained a good bit of the weight back.  I'm ashamed that I must have thought it was just her and would never happen to me.  Now I've gainned 45 lbs back and seriously wonder when will it stop rising.

Appleshaped
on 5/12/15 11:38 am

Ellie4me, did you have the sleeve too

Ellie4me
on 5/12/15 2:40 pm

Yes

Appleshaped
on 5/12/15 7:14 pm

Are you ready for your revision? I booked my flight to Cali in july

Ellie4me
on 5/24/15 7:44 pm

When in July are you going?