VBG to RNY Weight loss question

dolce1968
on 4/10/15 12:09 am

Hi Everyone!

I had a revision to RNY on March 24th (Ontario/Canada) and have only lost 14 pounds, I'm not sure if that is normal as I remember with my VBG I had lost 14 pounds in one week, its now almost 3 weeks after the fact.

Also, I'm on the minced foods already and finding that nothing is really bothering me, I couldn't eat beef before but was able to eat small pieces of stew beef that I made in the slow cooker, I do have trouble constantly drinking water and thinking maybe that's why the weight loss is a little slow.

Any advise would be helpful.

Thanks

D

ORIGINAL STOMACH STAPLING (VBG) 1994; FIRST REFERRAL REVISION - 2012 (LOST) SECOND REFERRAL REVISION (MAY 2014) ORIENTATION HRRH - July 2014; MEET R/N; NUTRI; SW - AUGUST 2014; 2nd APPT SW END OF AUGUST 2014; DR GLAZIER AUGUST 24 - DR HAGEN (Surgeon) SEPTEMBER 2014; DR HAGEN - MARCH 9th 2015 ; OPTI START MARCH 10 2015; REVISION SURGERY MARCH 24th 2015 HRRH (DR HAGEN)

redchel
on 4/10/15 12:35 am - Oklahoma City, OK

Hello,

I'm had a VBG in 1999 revised to a RNY in 2012.  I lost weight slowly and eventually gained it all back.  I had similar problems/concerns you're voicing.  I'm looking into a 3rd surgery now.  I had little to no restriction, my stomach emptied faster with my RNY than with my VBG.  I was much happier with my VBG.  I suggest talking to your surgeon now.

I was told, after the fact, that my pouch may be bigger than it was with my VBG, I wouldn't get the "not hungry" feeling", and I may only see mild results at best.  I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but say something NOW! and definitely start doing something about it now. And please don't get dehydrated! 

You are in a much better situation than I was.  I could drink an entire bottle of water before I was released from the hospital.  I think if you voice your concern and make sure they are aware of what's going on with your body you can have success, just will be a harder won reward than the first time.  You have the momentum right now, use it to your advantage.  Good luc****ep you chin up!

Most Active