RNY with fundoplication can I still have a revision!?!?

beckymay26
on 4/1/15 2:26 pm - Canada

I had a RNY in 2002 and I had a fundoplication too get rid of my reflux , well to make a long story short I gained all my weight back and I have severe heartburn and take daily nexium , I seen a revision doctor today and she said the fundoplication can make it more complicated !? Has anyone had a revision that has had the same procedure ? I am starting to get discouraged or can something be done for me ? 

ShebasMom
on 4/2/15 8:17 am
Revision on 07/05/16

you may want to do a search. (upper right, left of MY OH)   I searched fundoplication and rny and got many results. Then you can PM those who've had the surgery with questions.  

beckymay26
on 4/2/15 9:27 am - Canada

I did I am looking for info on someone who has had a revision :/

payton4
on 7/12/15 7:17 am

I'm only 12 days out of my revision from sleeve to RNY, and hiatal hernia repair due to reflux. I don't feel the acid coming up like before the surgery but I do feel a slight burning sensation in my back. I don't know if its heartburn or my body still recovering from surgery.

I guess what worried me is if is still heartburn after they RNY what other options are there? I really don't want another surgery.

Did the fundoplication work at all? Are you having the reflux now because of the weight gain? What other options are they giving you to help with GERD?

Most Active