Happy with revision

Linda K.
on 3/15/15 6:43 am - Omaha, NE

Hi everyone.  I was able to get my revision from VBG to RNY back in Jan., 2014  Over the last year, I had a complicated recovery.  I had some problems (unable to eat, hole in stomach area that needed to heal, 8 hernias that needed repaired) but I would do this again.  I now can walk without my knees hurting.  I have been taken off all my diabetic and cholesterol meds.  The best part is when my sister looked at me and said "you really are my little sister now😊  I went from 345 pounds and am now at 240.  I still  have a way to go but I am thrilled with my outcome.  Don't kid yourself - this takes work.  You have to exercise and eat right.  Don't let anyone say that this is the easy way out.  Surgery hurts!!!  Really hurts.  But this surgery saved my life and gave my body the pu**** needed.  One other point.  My revision was hard on my body due to the fact that I didn't research enough the first time around.  I went to the first surgeon I found.  He didn't specialize in weight loss surgery.  Due to my rush to get the VBG done, I suffered for years with a fissure and tons of pain and constant vomiting.  Do your research,take time to get the best and have supports to help you before, during anf after the surgery.  You will not regret it.  To everyone, best of luck and keep up the great work. 

Hislady
on 3/15/15 7:36 am - Vancouver, WA

LngRedRose
on 3/15/15 11:19 pm

Thanks for posting.  I am in the research stage for a revision now.

Meg18054
on 3/18/15 4:18 am

Thank you for the information. I had a VGB done and am schedule for the bypass now. 

Most Active