Has anyone here had their sleeve resleeved?

band07sleeve13
on 3/11/15 5:39 am

Dr. Wilhelmy (Mexico) has a lot of experience with this and I have been very impressed with his reviews and credentials.  I'm seriously considering scheduling with him. 

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 6:09 am

I can't afford to pay out of pocket.  I need to have it done with a surgeon that accepts my insurance.  But if I could afford to pay out of pocket, I would go to mexico.  I know a friend of mine had it done in mexico and the weight loss was dramatic, and kept it off too.

band07sleeve13
on 3/11/15 6:21 am

It's nice to talk to someone who understands, I posted a question about a 3rd weight loss surgery being crazy on the gastric sleeve forum and they've beat me up pretty bad today lol 

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 6:29 am

Actually, mine will be the 4th.  Lapband first.  2nd was to remove the eroded band that was inside my stomach and the surgeon had to repair the damage to my stomach.  I had to heal from the infection (from the band) and the surgery.  Then I had a sleeve done few years later.  Now, I'm looking to have my sleeve either resleeved or a DS done.  

band07sleeve13
on 3/11/15 6:40 am

Does it scare you to death to think it gets riskier Everytime ? That's what I'm struggling with right now, Iv had 2 with zero complications, maybe Iv used up all my good luck lol 

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 7:05 am

I put my trust in my surgeon and have always based my decision on their professional opinion.  After all, these surgeons don't have a shortage of patients, so i know they won't be saying yes, because they need the money.  I will be giving the dr all my operative reports, so they are not walking into their decision blindly.  so, when they tell me yes, I know I am in good hands.  

I haven't had surgery complications, but that damn lapband....i almost died from that thing.

Zee Starrlite
on 3/11/15 10:31 am

If you had a band, a sleeve - why half step it again?  It is impossible to keep having WLS.  Have a full DS with a re-sleeve if necessary.  If not you'll be back on this revision forum for WLS #4.

ALL BEST

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

DeeDee83
on 3/11/15 10:51 am

i was told that I can not safely have a DS done.  long story.  That is the surgery of choice though.  I'm hoping to speak to revision surgeons, bring them all my operative reports, and see if anyone will say they can do it for me, safely.  If not, then just a resleeve.

MsBatt
on 3/12/15 9:14 am

Contact Dr. Ara Keshishian in CA. He'll consult with you by phone, and if anyone can fix you, he can.

DeeDee83
on 3/12/15 9:54 am

My insurance won't cover out of state, i'll have to stay within the state of NJ.   :(

Most Active