revision from VSG to minigastric bypass or sleeve " DUMPING SYNDROME "

free-spirit
on 2/16/15 6:21 pm, edited 2/16/15 7:53 pm - Egypt

My surgery is scheduled next week and i am still weighing down my options between resleeving and mgb.

Iam worried from dumping and i need your feedback , and has anyone down a resleeving i have about 50 kgs to lose i am worried sleeve wont do this for me yet i do not want iron deficiency and dumping syndrome. 

airbender
on 2/17/15 4:56 am

50 kg is still a significant amount of weight to lose so you have to ask youself if you think a resleeve or mbg will get you and keep you there.  Why resleeve?  mechanical failure?  was it made too big?   I would keep my pylorus, at any cost, depending on the reason for your resleeve (large antrum) I would also look into a DS.  good luck with your choice.

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

MsBatt
on 2/18/15 5:51 am

There is not enough money in the world to pay me to get an MGB. No way, no how. And since you already have a Sleeve, the most logical revision would be to add the intestinal bypass to your existing Sleeve for a complete Duodenal Switch.

Before you do ANYTHING, do some extensive research on the DS. It's the form of WLS with the very best long-term, maintained weight loss, and it has the best stats for resolving or preventing co-morbs like diabetes and high cholesterol.

Most Active