VSG to DS revision...not losing weight

cattywompos
on 2/11/15 10:51 pm

Hello, It has been forever since I have been on the forums but I need some serious advice or confirmation or something...  I had my sleeve done September 2010.  Lost an incredible 113lbs but about 2years post op I suddenly started to gain weight and it began to snow ball. I tried everything and finally came to the decision to go forth and have a revision to  a Duodenal Switch. I had this done February 12th of this year. Initially I dropped weight pretty quickly but it has been stalled at 17lbs lost for about 3-4 weeks.  I am getting very nervous that I went through all this for nothing and will not lose anymore.  Praying that my body is going through the "3 week" stall that many have after weight loss surgery.  I can't seem a lot of information on the forum about revision from VSG to DS or on the DS forum to help me feel better about this.  Hoping someone out there had a similar experience and started losing again.

HW-304 / SW- 286 / CW-198.25 / GW-170

Zee Starrlite
on 2/12/15 12:03 pm

Did you have your DS a complete year ago 2014 or 2015.  Because as it reads, it looks like you woulhave had your DS today.  How much have you lost in total since your revision?

Best

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Star0210
on 2/12/15 12:52 pm
DS on 11/28/14

I'm guessing you meant 1/12..

anyway...loss after a revision is MUCH slower.

i revised from VSG to DS on 11/28/14. I also had a partial resleeve.

I've lost 22 lbs so far...but I was a lightweight to start.

196 day of surgery and 174 this morning.

just make sure you're following the rules and it will come off.

you should post this on the DS board.

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/12/15 1:30 pm

I'm not sure what date you actually meant, because it reads that you had your revision today. I'm guessing you meant 1/12/15? In that case, don't worry. That's actually very good weight loss for a revision, especially for only 3 - 4 weeks. 

Weight loss is almost never consistent or even. I look at it like a bouncy ball rolling down steps. Some days get good drops, some I may even go up a bit, but over all it goes down over the long haul. It took great restraint for me to learn to only weight once a week, and if you can wait and only weigh once a month you are a rockstar.

Ruby_Trout
on 2/12/15 2:45 pm - Canada

I'm interested in your story. I had RNY surgery in May 2010 and have been struggling to keep weight off SINCE ABOUT TWO YEARS POST OP.  I felt my surgeon was too conservative in his sectioning. As well, I was able to keep regain down or stalled by running, perhaps excessively. I can't do that anymore and my weight has steadily crept upwards. I'm scared. I fear failure. 

Most Active