Revision from vertical sleeve to RNY

Sandy S.
on 2/8/15 10:07 pm - Skokie, IL

I need advice as soon as possible please. VERY nervous about doing a revision but also do not want to regain. I have not been eating any crazy amounst, but see that I have increased..still short of 'normal' amounts, but more than I have. I am about to schedule a revision for this weekend, but for some reason feel very nervous, which I did not feel before. Any advice? Anyone go from sleeve to gastic bypass? Thanks in advance.

Pedrof
on 2/9/15 1:09 am

Hi:

Hope everythings goes fine with your next revision. I am planning for a revision of my vsg to mini gastric bypass.

Good Luck

Regards Pedro F

Sandy S.
on 2/9/15 1:27 am - Skokie, IL

Thanks Pedro! Good luck to you too.

mornings
on 2/11/15 2:16 pm - Canada

I had a vsg done 2 yrs in feb 27  but I myself gained back the very little I did actually loose ,    I am  in booking now for a revision for RNY  had a scope done  having another  march 11 then pre op is march 19th and  then after that I should be getting  my surgery date  being scared is normal ,   lots of research out there ,  I believe for me RNY is the way I wanted to go in the first place ,  but I had a vsg  so im actually  looking forward for  this next surgery for I know  I will lose  this time the weight I wanted to lose the first time ..  good luck on the choice you make ,  I'm sure you will  choose  whats best for you

Sandy S.
on 2/12/15 10:59 pm - Skokie, IL

Thanks. Good luck. I'm doing mine today. 

Minnie78
on 2/23/15 2:11 am

Hello sandy!! 

Did u get ur rny? Hope all is well!!

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 2/12/15 1:22 pm

You already have the first part of the most effective surgery there is - the DS. Considering you will lose the ability to take NSAIDs for pain, risk dumping and reactive hyppoglycemia and regain if they give you rny, I'm certain you have a surgeon that doesn't actually know how to do DS. 

There may be no going back if you let them cut your pyloric valve out of things at this stage, and regardless of what surgery I personally have, I'd look at that as a terrible mistake. Please do some research that isn't just information spoon fed from one surgeon. Good luck.

Most Active