Am I the Only One?

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 12:30 am

Banded in 2007, did AMAZING, loved my band, not even sure why I had it removed other than heard such amazing things about the sleeve and I was sick of feeling stuck. Anyway, sleeved in 2013 and I now weight 10lbs more than day of surgery.  The sleeve was nothing it was promised to be.  I'm hungry all the time and I've always been able to eat what I would consider a "normal" person portion.  I saw for myself in the x-ray that my "sleeve" was distorted due to the damage from my band so I'm sure this is the reason I never truly felt sleeved.  Anyone else had this experience, anyone consider getting re-sleeved?

airbender
on 2/4/15 6:42 am

what you are experiencing is very common.  from what you have described with sick and feeling stuck  you most likely had some damage to our esophagus, which resulted in many things.  One is the scar tissue that was left behind was most likely not removed when your sleeve was done, intenionally or otherwise.  Some patients with the vsg still feel like they have a band with that scar tisuse and have severe GERD due to it.   I have seen more and more of this the last couple years, which if you think of timeframes, when lap band were being removed and when vsgs started being performed you would have a date.  This is just another complication of the gastric band.  It looks distored since you most likely still can see the scar tissue on your UGI, constricting your sleeve, putting pressure on it, making the fundus larger, more capacity, less satiety, it is a vicious cycle.  You probably need your sleeve fixed, scar tissue removed also, so a proper sleeve can be made.  make sure who you get for this is familiar with this issue.  here are some pictures for you.

http://blog.dssurgery.com/2014/11/adjustable-gastric-band-easily.html

If you have a specific question for me, PM me or I will not see it, as I don't check responses on the forums and don't have anything forwarded to my email.

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 11:26 am

Thank you so much ! I will continue to look into this. 

mikah1987
on 2/20/15 10:13 pm

My sleeve sucks. I weigh the same. Going for the DS in Cali. Cash AGAIN.

bayteelee
on 3/28/15 1:59 pm - Pasco, WA

How much are they going to charge you? 

mikah1987
on 3/29/15 12:01 am

15k I think.

Most Active