Scheduled my revision!

canonico
on 1/29/15 5:06 am - WA

I had the sleeve Feb 5,2011 I have gained 45 pounds and I have severe acid reflux. I am going to have the revision to the Doudenal Switch. I am going to talk with nutrition before surgery. My Dr. wants me to refresh everything before surgery. My question is does anyone have the diet and restrictions for after surgery? I know my restrictions and the vitamins are different. 

Thanks

smwkwl
on 1/29/15 5:23 am - AR
VSG on 04/18/12

Did you have to have an EGD before they would move forward with your revision. I am experiencing the same thing reflux, and some weight gain.....Just wondering what your process was for the revision. :)

emelar
on 1/29/15 6:09 am - TX

Can't help with your questions, but did your doc tell you how the revision to DS will help with the acid reflux?  Severe acid reflux usually leads to a RNY revision to take the pressure off the stomach and esophagus.

Zee Starrlite
on 1/29/15 10:52 am

Severe reflux will NOT improve by adding the Duodenal Switch.  IF your reflux is caused by a hiatal hernia having a repair of that hh will make your reflux issues better.  You may want to look into the RNY.  Why did you gain weight?

Good luck with everything,

Layla

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Hislady
on 1/29/15 11:37 am - Vancouver, WA

I agree with the others there are several things you need to find out before you go ahead with any type of revision and the DS isn't really a good one if you are having  reflux issues. I do know that with the DS you must increase your protein and fat consumption vastly because you malabsorb a lot of things with the DS and you will need a great many more vitamins. I would suggest you really buckle down and figure out why you have gained weight and start logging your food on something like My Fitness Pal. You may just need to cut some things that have snuck back into your diet and don't even need a revision.

Phatchick
on 1/31/15 2:04 am - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

I had the sleeve 04/12. Lost 110 and gained back 20. I have been able to not gain more by swimming daily. But the GERD has been tearing up my esophogas since I had the surgery. Nothing helps. I also have not been able to lose the last 60 lbs. It is making me crazy. Would love to finally put this weight battle away and live in the maintenance world instead of losing it world. Intersted in hearing about your journey. Blessings.

Most Active