Anyone Revisions from Lapband to Sleeve.....share your experience!!!

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 4:42 am

Correct! 

I have had no heart burn at all with the sleeve! 

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 7:08 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Wow, my friend that is awesome.  My prayers is that you will be successful in spite of.    Thank you for the chat

jackfre
on 2/8/15 12:16 pm - NJ
VSG on 03/26/15

Thanks for all your posts, I was banded in 2007 and have severe GERD, haven't seen a doctor in probably 2 years.  I want to have a revision but am scared to find out what is going on inside.  Does anybody know of a good Dr. in NJ for revisions?  I would like to go with the sleeve but have heard that with the GERD it might not be possible.  Thx, Jackie

Jackie

sqlchick19
on 2/8/15 7:48 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

Jackie...I'm in NJ, but went to NYU for my revision (I ended up revising to a RNY because the band either caused or unmasked an esophogus issue...this could also be caused by GERD).  I highly recommend my surgeon, if it's not too far for you :)

I went in, initially, looking to revise to the sleeve because I couldn't handle the constant choking and getting stuck.  Upon hearing this, Luckily my surgeon had the foresight, to send me for an esophageal manometry....which revealed 30-50% of my swallows were not emptying (my esophogus was too weak to push food/liquid down into my stomach).

the lapband is a high pressure system.  The sleeve is also a high pressure system...which pushes up against the esophogus....and can cause issues down the road.  Because of this...I was told RNY was the best option for me.

I highly recommend anyone thinking about revising from a band to get the manometry. Hopefully there isn't esophogus weakness...and you can get the revision you want...but better to be safe than sorry.

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

ordersteps
on 2/10/15 1:42 pm
VSG on 04/20/15

Wow, that is good to know...never heard of the manometry.  Can you tell us how the test goes?  This is with our esophagus is really a big deal.

Thank you for sharing.

sqlchick19
on 2/10/15 6:44 pm
RNY on 12/15/14

The manometry test completely sucks.  I'm not going to sugar coat it.  It was the worst...However...permanently altering my body in a way that would cause me to not be able to swallow would have sucked more.

Banded 12/18/08.  Band removed and revision to RNY on 12/15/14.

Most Active