Anyone Revisions from Lapband to Sleeve.....share your experience!!!

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 1:20 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Hello,

I certainly would like to hear what happened.....if you don't mind.  Where were you sleeved?

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 2:22 am

I'm not sure why where I was sleeved would matter.  My surgeon and the staff were absolutely amazing and I couldn't ask for better care.  He has done hundreds of successful sleeve surgeries with zero leaks.  What happened to me and as I now know isn't necessarily that uncommon is that after 6 years with my band and a couple of dialations the top of my stomach was left misshapen and with added scar tissue which makes shaping the perfect sleeve very difficult.  I pushed to have my band removed and sleeve done in one surgery because I was self pay and couldn't afford to go in twice though waiting probably could have made a difference if I'd given my stomach time to heal.  I felt I knew a lot then, I know a lot more now. 

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 2:43 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Wow, you raised some really key issues here. The reason why I asked where you were sleeved because just the state alone would have helped me.  Knowing that you Dr. did I guess all he or she could do is important for you.  But I am have the same thing done in 1 surgery, so you have raised a few concerns. I know that everyone has a different experience so I like to listen with an open mind.  So, how much weight have you lost and are you still losing?

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 2:56 am

I didn't mean to seem defensive, I'm sorry about that.  I'm from Ohio...I lost over 100 lbs with my band and I maintained.  I weighed 169 the day I revised to sleeve and today I weight 177.

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 3:26 am
VSG on 04/20/15

No worries, I am from Oh, but I live in CA.  So you have not lose any weight????  So what can they do if anything????

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 3:37 am

I lost 100 lbs with the band. I lost down to 158 while I was doing the post op diet but as soon as I could eat solid foods again I started gaining as I really had no restriction at all with the sleeve.  Since then I've yo-yo ed in the 160's until the last few months when the Holidays and getting off track with my exercise routine landed me in the 170's.  I'm not sure what can be done so I'm anxious to hear from others.  I've read some about being re-sleeved but as I would again be self pay I'm not sure at what point I could do that.  I think I would probably be a good candidate as I know that my stomach is much larger than it should be.  For now, I'll keep trying to stay on track, I'm ordering some protein shakes and I'm going to give the five day pouch test a try soon. 

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 3:54 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Wow,  sounds to me like you have been thru a lot.  My prayer is that you will regain what you have lost.  Please keep your chin up and move forward.  I will keep in touch with you in the near future.  Yes, you can get resleeved  so look into that when time permits.

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 3:57 am
VSG on 04/20/15

Question, to you have gerd with the sleeve?

band07sleeve13
on 2/4/15 4:11 am

Thanks so much!  Now that is one positive thing I can say, I went from having heart burn and reflux almost daily to never once having it again since the band has been gone ! :)

ordersteps
on 2/4/15 4:26 am
VSG on 04/20/15

So that you understand my question so, no heart burn with the sleeve....right?

Most Active