Having Revision done from gastric bypass to distal.

Raiderjab4
on 1/22/15 1:58 pm

Has any one had this done before?  I'm going with Dr. Lopez corvala from Tijuana.  Has any one done revisions with this doctor?   

ShebasMom
on 1/25/15 4:35 am, edited 1/25/15 4:38 am
Revision on 07/05/16

there are some here that have had a distal revision, but don't post much. (do a search on distal rny revision). I'm in the process of a distal revision. Due my GERD, a DS is not an option for me. My original surgeon will be doing the revision. I've been dieting since early Oct with poor weight loss. I had very slow weight loss with the original rny and stopped losing at 18 months. I started gaining at 2 years out on 1600 calories (my weight is 230 lbs). It is believed my issue is metabolic when my test results were normal after seeing a Cardiologist and Endocrinologist due to my heart rate in the 40's. I will see my surgeon again Feb 5 and things will move quicker. 

Raiderjab4
on 1/25/15 12:53 pm

Thanks

i will have my surgery on Feb 13th 2015.  With Dr Lopez Corvala.  Hope I'm doing the right thing.  RNy is been coverte to distal.  Which will creat malsorbation.   Hope I can deal with this.  Has anyone had this procedure done before.  What have been the results.  

ShebasMom
on 1/25/15 1:31 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

Do you know what your common channel will be? My surgeon does 150-200 cm common channels.  Everybody's experience is different. Some have shorter common channels (200cm) and either do well or not. Is there a reason you're not doing a DS revision? If it weren't for my GERD, I would have it done.

MsBatt
on 1/28/15 12:28 am

You will still have a gastric bypass, it will just be a distal bypass instead of a proximal bypass. This will cause life-long malabsorption, but will require that you take a LOT more vitamins and minerals than you need with your proximal bypass.

I would not go to Tijuana for any reason whatsoever.

Chilipepper
on 1/28/15 5:12 pm

I agree with the Tiajuana thing

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Most Active