I finally found a protein drink I can tolerate!

losing_the_band
on 1/22/15 2:13 am
Revision on 08/27/15

All of the whey protein mixes that I've tried are horrible, since I'm extremely sensitive to "off" flavors and the taste of artificial sweeteners.  Plus, a lot of them give me stomach trouble.  I saw suggestions here for Jay Robb's egg white protein, so I ordered a sample pack of both the egg white (in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla) and a sample pack of the whey mixes (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, tropical dreamsicle, pina colada, and unflavored).  I just got the package yesterday evening, so today was the first chance I've had to try it.  I started with the chocolate egg white protein mixed with unsweetened almond milk.  I'm actually quite impressed!  It's a very mild flavor, which isn't a bad thing, since a lot of other mixes are way too artificially sweet (and artificial sweeteners have a very strong metallic flavor to me).  I think it would be easily added to drink recipes to make custom shakes, too.  

I'll have to try the other flavors over the next several days, but I think I could get used to drinking it long term.  It definitely doesn't have an objectionable flavor to me, and best of all, no nasty aftertaste like the whey and artificial sweetener shakes have!  I mean, it's not the BEST thing in the world I've ever tried, but for a lower calorie protein mix, it's pretty darn good!

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

losing_the_band
on 1/23/15 4:57 pm
Revision on 08/27/15

Update: Tried both the strawberry and vanilla flavors of the egg white protein! The strawberry wasn't my favorite, but I'm not usually a fan of strawberry flavored stuff unless it has real strawberry in it. It was drinkable, though. The vanilla is actually quite good for a vanilla protein shake. Like the chocolate, it is still very mild, but that's usually a good thing when it comes to protein shakes, lol.

Lap-Band 2007

Lap-Band Replaced 2011

APPROVED for revision to RNY! Awaiting surgery date!

pineview01
on 1/28/15 11:33 am - Davison, MI

Glad you found something that works for you.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active