looks like I will be getting a revision! !

abbysmom05
on 1/9/15 3:58 am, edited 1/9/15 4:04 am

Had rny in 2002. Lost 135 lbs. 18 months out started gaining suddenly. Over the course of 12 years I have put back on all but 10 lbs. Went to see a surgeon who did an upper GI and endoscopy and my insides are all out of wack. Depending on insurance approval,  I hope to have a rny revision soon  :)  I've lived 12 years in misery of nausea,  pain, diarrhea,  and weight gain. So thankful for the help I've hoped for so long!!!!

ShebasMom
on 1/9/15 1:09 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

why type of revision? (repair of your rny or a DS?)  Praying your insurance will pay and you can have relief of your misery.

Donna

abbysmom05
on 1/9/15 9:15 pm

Thank you Donna. I know that it will not be a DS because I don't think my surgeon does that. I'm think he will just repair the RNY. I will know more when I meet with him :)

MsBatt
on 1/14/15 2:05 am

If you WANT a DS, then find a different surgeon. Really, it's far more important to make this decision based on what YOU want and need than on what a given surgeon offers.

abbysmom05
on 1/14/15 2:15 am, edited 1/14/15 2:16 am

I just want my original surgery fixed. Not that yheres anything wrong with DS. There is a doctor in Knoxville TN that does the DS. And that's not to far from me. It may not even be an option because my first surgery wasn't the "typical" RNY. 

NJTransplant15
on 1/13/15 2:20 am - Speedway, IN

I hope you get your revision-- what did they find when they did the upper GI and endoscopy? I had the RNY in 2001 and did well up until about 2008 when I had to get my thyroid out and then i started gaining weight-- i initially lost 150 and gained back 100. I know how you are feeling- I'm there too.  Please keep me informed of your progress. and good luck to you!

abbysmom05
on 1/13/15 2:26 am

Thank you so much. I'm not for sure what he found because he only talked with my sister after the procedure. I should be getting a call to come in and discuss it soon. I will let you know :)

tabrielle10
on 8/10/16 10:44 pm

Hi. can you tell me where you are getting getting your revisions done and do they medicaid?  They have shut down all of the weight loss clincs in the greater new orleans. the only clinic in Louisiana is located in covington la, even tho he accepts insurances he does not do revisions, however  thats  only a first time patient looking for weight loss and that their are a first sleeve or gastric bypass. can you provide any information would be appreciated .

Most Active