Food

mpatt
on 1/8/15 10:43 am

I am two weeks post revision surgery (lap and to gastric bypass) and now moving to the pureed food stage.  I've found that I can eat some soft foods without them being puréed.  Is it alright to eat foods even if they're not pureed?  

Kennerknecht
on 1/8/15 3:31 pm

I haven't revised yet but has band as well. I wouldn't push your pouch, my uncle did that and needles to say he is well over 200 pounds again because he didn't develop the skills and routine to follow from day 1.

i would also add that your on these foods for a reason, to let your stomach heal slowly and properly after such a traumatic surgery. I wouldn't puah it personally. 

Congrats on the revision!!

Starting Weight - 350             Goal Number One 299
Surgery Weight-  335             Goal Number Two 249
Current Weight-  325             Goal Number Three 199
Goal Weight -      150             Goal Number Four 150

Chilipepper
on 1/9/15 8:02 am

Very nice!

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

(deactivated member)
on 1/9/15 2:30 am

Just because your stomach isn't rejecting it doesn't mean you should do it. Eating something at the wrong stage could potentially interfere with the healing process. You might feel fine, but you run the risk of disrupting staples, etc. There is method to the madness...

Most Active