Baby Steps RNY to DS Revision...Questions

kimwho
on 1/7/15 11:58 pm

Hi all.  I was in the forum and, for the life of me, cannot find a "search" option to try to search for the information I need (which I KNOW is out there!) so I'm going to ask some questions...please direct me to existing posts if that's easiest!

I've started the investigative process with Dr. Keshishian's office to revise my RNY to a DS.  I've found out that my insurance will cover the surgery and I know my primary card doctor is on board with whatever I want to do.  All good news.

As a little background.  I had my RNY (laparoscopic) in 2/2006 and in 7/2007 I had an ulcer perforate at the stoma and almost died (emergency surgery kept me here- Thank God!)  I had never had an issue with ulcers prior to the RNY surgery and never had ANY symptoms associated with them after, either. After a lengthy stay in the hospital, followed by two months at home on a feeding tube, I was finally able to get back to my life.  NOTE, ulcer surgery was "open" because when the surgeon tried to go in laparscopically he told my husband, "it looked like a bomb went off in there - the abdomen was so full of waste and body fluids, he couldn't get the scope in!)

Despite following the plan, doing weigh****chers, Optifast, working out 4x a week at boot camp, walking, etc. I have never gotten anywhere near my goal weight.  I'm frustrated and keep asking myself, "what's wrong with me?"  "where did I fail at this?"  It's pretty discouraging.

I'm going to schedule a video conference with Dr. K to get some of my questions answered.  Since that ulcer surgery I'm very, very scared of any kind of surgery. I will go over to the DS forum to read the experiences of those folks and ask questions there, as well.

I'm just trying to research people's experiences with Dr. K, the DS in general, any RNY to DS experiences, etc.  I've been to DSfacts and Dr. K's site (and Dr. Rabkin's site) and am soaking in everything I can.

Thanks for listening to my rambling and any advice is most appreciated.

ShebasMom
on 1/10/15 1:20 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

the search option is the magnifying glass at the top right.

I have not had a revision, so I hope others here will reply.  If not, go to the DS forum board. 

Star0210
on 1/12/15 12:16 am
DS on 11/28/14

By all accounts here and everywhere else, Dr. K is the absolute BEST for revisions to DS and for DS in general. 

I was self pay so I went to Dr. Ungson in Mexico for my VSG to DS conversion. 

Most Active