Am I Eligible For A Revision?

iceprincess1
on 1/6/15 1:47 pm

Hi,

My name is Isabella and I am from Toronto, Ontario. I'm looking into a weight loss revision. I had roux en y laparoscopic weight loss surgery in 2011 at the request of my surgeon because he felt that would be the best operation for me at the time weighing in 300 pounds. After having roux en y, I knew going in that I wasn't comfortable with that procedure because I felt I wasn't going to lose as much which was proven true. I only managed to lose 60 pounds first year and then the weight loss stopped. It's been a few years later and I have gained back 30 pounds since and find myself no longer feeling full after a meal. I'm worried my weight will spiral back out of control which is why I'm seeking a revision. I've seen my original surgeon and let him know what has happened to me but said there was nothing else he could possibly do. I feel maybe I would have benefit more from the gastric sleeve. I'm looking into a revision that would help solve my hunger and put me back on track. Any informative information to what my next steps should be would be kindly appreciated from the Obesity help forum. Thank you all for your time.  

Kathy S.
on 1/7/15 4:24 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hello iceprincess1,

Since you are in Canada, things are different there than the states. Post this on the Ontario Forum and you can get first hand information on what you have to do to get a revision.  Here are a couple of surgeons in your area that does revisions. If you are interested let us know and we can help you get in touch with them

Christopher Cobourn

SmartShape™ Weight Loss Centre 
Mississauga (also in...
Phone: (888) 278-7952

Neil Orzech

SmartShape™ Weight Loss Centre 
Mississauga (also in...
Phone: 905-278-8000

Keep us posted on how you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

iceprincess1
on 1/7/15 4:32 am

Thank you KathyS for the links. Very nice of you. I will check Chris Cobourn out.

MsBatt
on 1/8/15 1:09 am

You should also research converting your RNY to a full Duodenal Switch, rather than just the Sleeve. (The DS is a Sleeve plus an intestinal bypass similar to, but more effective than, the one you have with your RNY.) The only DS surgeon I can think off in Canada right now is Dr. Gagner, but there are a few more.

iceprincess1
on 1/8/15 2:25 am

I don't think I've heard of this one before but very grateful to you for telling me about this surgery. I will research more on the Duodenal Switch. Thank you MrsBatt :-) Hopefully I can have a revision to this. 

Most Active