Question about liquid diet before revision.. I have done 11 days so far

cindymissouri
on 1/4/15 6:16 am
RNY on 01/06/15

and let me first say i have kept 90 percent of my weight off from my sleeve 7 years ago.. On the first 2 days of liquid i lost 6 pounds of fluid... the last 9 days i have lost nothing.. i have 3 protein shakes and nothing but sugar free popsicle or jello.. i am not retaining fluid or swollen.. it is so hard for me to lose, that is why i decided on revision, and i have horrible reflux so to the RNY, but i am just wondering if my body is even going to let me lose if i can't even lose on 550 calories a day.. any input please..  I have surgery Tuesday

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Hislady
on 1/4/15 7:45 am - Vancouver, WA

If you follow the surgeons food plan it will happen eventually. Make sure you take full advantage of the first 12-24 mos after surgery when you will be malabsorbing so that you get to your goal while you are in the honeymoon phase and loosing the most weight so that when you get to where you don't malabsorb as well you will still be able to keep the weight off. Revisions tend to go a bit slower but you can definately get there if you keep at it and follow your food plan.

cindymissouri
on 1/4/15 10:39 am
RNY on 01/06/15

I understand that, i have done all the research i just don't see how i am losing nothing at all on the liquid 500 calories a day,.. this makes no sense

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

ShebasMom
on 1/4/15 9:02 pm
Revision on 07/05/16

You've put your body into starvation mode, so your body compensates by lowering your metabolism. Adding exercise will help boost your metabolism.

Most Active