RNY to DS-Looking for Dr.'s in Texas

misskrissyk
on 1/3/15 9:50 am - orlando, FL

Hello everyone,

I am considering having a revision from RNY to DS.My surgery was performed  in Orlando FL by Dr.Jawad in 2005..he is an AWESOME Doctor!

I  just recently relocated to Killeen TX and I am looking for an EXCELLENT bariatric doctor  (who accepts Aetna PPO) for consult on having my revision done.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance 

Chilipepper
on 1/3/15 10:19 am

I would post this on the DS board. They are very knowledgeable about who is doing revisions. 

"The first thing I do in the morning is brush my teeth and sharpen my tongue." --- Dorothy Parker  

"You may not like what I say or how I say it, but it may be just exactly what you need to hear." ---Kathryn White

Laura in Texas
on 1/3/15 9:55 pm

Be careful who you choose. A friend of mine chose a surgeon who did not know what in the hell he was doing and has been in and out of he hospital the past few years. There are only a few surgeons in the country who can do this surgery correctly.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

airbender
on 1/3/15 11:10 pm

hello

RNY to DS is a difficult conversion.  It really depends on what you want and are willing to do, I warn you, this is a difficult surgery and should only be in the  hands of a very very experienced revision surgeon.  You will have to travel,  if you want an EXCELLENT RNY to DS surgeon, I would suggest 4 surgeons, 2 in the USA.  the 2 that are in the USA are both in CA, Drs Keshishian and Rabkin.  You would have to find out about your specific insurance policy.  good luck on your research

Cindy1976
on 1/4/15 6:07 am
DS on 12/26/14
Cindy1976
on 1/4/15 6:08 am
DS on 12/26/14

Hi there, I live just down the road in the Austin area. I just had a revision from lap band to DS and I also have Aetna PPO. My surgeon was Dr. Ayoola in Denton, he's awesome. Not sure if he does bypass to DS revisions but definitely worth the call to ask. He's in the Dallas area so a bit of a drive but not too bad from you. Good luck!

minniec
on 1/10/15 5:36 am

Hello,

I live in the Chicago area but am planning to have revision from RNY to DS with Dr. Folohan Ayoola in the North Dallas area this year.

Most Active