Getting scared! Surgery 1/8

Judy A.
on 1/4/15 9:59 am
RNY on 01/08/15

I'm starting to get scared now. My triple crown surgery is Thursday- LapBand removal, Gallbladder removal and Gastric Bypass...

All of this began after Thanksgiving and it has all happened so fast!  For my LapBand I had months to mentally prepare, so by the time surgery came, I was super calm and excited.  But this is happening with not a lot of time to wrap my brain around this.  I know it is probably going to be fine... Right?

I ask myself what I'm scared of and I guess the real answer is the surgery itself.  I'm confident that I can do what I need to do with eating properly and following what I need too and I'd really like to feel as good as I did 75lbs ago...  But this is big surgery and I'm afraid...

thanks for listening...

Judy

airbender
on 1/4/15 10:56 am

congrats on your upcoming surgery.  You have already previously prepared for the first surgery lap band, now you dont have as much time, sometimes that is a blessing.  If you were not scared of surgery, there would be something wrong with you.  a healthy fear, but know you are ready for this, and it sounds like you are ready to eat properly and follow the rules so you can get back to 75 lbs less.  wishing you an easy surgery and a faster recovery

Judy A.
on 1/6/15 10:15 am
RNY on 01/08/15

Thank you for your encouraging words. When I thought about them, I realized that I really have prepared for this before.  And the things I'm nervous about are the temporary.  

cindymissouri
on 1/5/15 8:08 am
RNY on 01/06/15

Judy, Im scared with you !  My revision from sleeve to bypass is tomorrow at Noon..  Im very scared..  My sleeve has been very successful, but i stopped losing weight so long ago, keep staying on medical supervised and cannot budge..  the sleeve only took me so far even with exercise and i have waited 7 years so i finally decided to convert.  
  I agree with you it is a big surgery, but we obviously are thinking of our health or we wouldn't be doing it..  

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

Judy A.
on 1/6/15 10:16 am
RNY on 01/08/15

I hope your surgery went well!  I look forward to talking to you about our experiences!

cindymissouri
on 1/6/15 9:16 pm
RNY on 01/06/15

It went very well. I am very sore but so glad it's over!  I look forward to l talking to you as well. 

Lost 34 lbs before surgery

grandmasandy1959
on 1/7/15 9:52 am
with

I get it Judy I had my lapband removed 2 days ago.  I was scared but i made it through.  Im wanting the sleeve but my doctor does it in two surgerys.  I wi**** could all have been done at the same time.  I was nervous but i know it is major sugery and i keep asking myself should i do it or not.  the lap band did not work for me.  i'm like you i just want to get through the surgery and then i feel as if i could get it done. Im tired of being fat.  Good luck i will say a prayer for you.

grandmasandy

pineview01
on 1/7/15 12:11 pm - Davison, MI

I had mine done in two stages also and after doing research and reading here I am happy that my surgeon insist on letting the stomach heal in between.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active