Need prescription names of a couple things-Revision/Repair of VBG to RNY

(deactivated member)
on 12/2/14 11:51 am

Hi! I am having a revision/repair of an old Vertical Banded Gastroplasty for complications. I had that surgery done in 1990. I have a a large hiatal hernia, silastic band with stenosis and a condition made worse by GERD called Barretts Esophagus. Anyway, it's been a while since I have done protein shakes but would love recommendations on protein shots, the name of the prescription scar cream a lot of people use and any suggestions I should ask the surgeon to prescribe before the leaving the hospital. The surgery is December 18th. My surgeon says he will first attempt to do it laparoscopically and switch to open if necessary. I think open will be necessary because I have had several surgeries after the VBG and there is a lot of scar tissue. I asked him how long the surgery would take and said he didn't know...it depends on what he finds. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! I promise to post updates. Thanks!

*Crossposted

carimiller9173
on 12/3/14 12:33 am - Wilmington, DE

Suggestion... don't stock up on a lot of protein shakes before surgery.  Taste buds change and you may not like the same things then as now.

Bio-oil for scars.

Hope this helps. 

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/14 1:48 pm

Thanks!

Hislady
on 12/3/14 1:58 pm - Vancouver, WA

I believe Vitalady has sample packs you can buy and some of the major brand protein shake makers will sell you their samples too. As far as protein shots avoid them as most are the wrong type of protein and not absorbed by the RNY ers. Vitamin E capsules are probably one of the best and least expensive things to rub on scars. Good luck hope things go smoothly for you!

Most Active