Insurance

beautiful24
on 11/9/14 5:45 am

Thinking of getting my revision from from a lap band to a sleeve.  Do any of you might know of the best insurance to get this done through?

Hislady
on 11/9/14 1:26 pm - Vancouver, WA

The insurance company itself is irrelevant, it is the employer or whoever is purchasing the insurance coverage that says what is covered or not. They will nearly all cover the surgery if you buy the right coverage but it is pretty expensive to buy private insurance with that kind of coverage. I wish you luck!

beautiful24
on 11/13/14 10:46 am

Thanks I have blue cross federal

Jo 1962
on 11/20/14 3:18 pm - NearHouston, TX

I have the same insurance. I starting seeking a revision from lapband to Sleeve in June of this year.  BCBS said I could get a revision if I had 4 nutritionist visits and a psyche evaluation. They also needed documentation showing compliance with my lapband.  That part I didnt find out until my paperwork was submitted last month. (My original surgeon retired so I had to get my records from him via mail). Those records will be faxed tomorrow to BCBS so I'm hoping for a response/approval very soon.

I guess you are asking because its currently open season for Federal Health Insurance?  IMHO, you have good insurance as any and better than some :)

5.0 cc in a 10cc lapband  (four  fills) 1 unfill of .5cc  on 5/24/2011.
.5 fill  March 2012. unfill of .25cc May 2012.  Unfill of .5cc June 2014.

Still with my lapband with no plans for revision. Band working well since

last small unfill.

HW: 267lbs- size 22-24  LW:194lbs  CW:198lbs  Size 14-16

beautiful24
on 11/21/14 10:44 am

Yes that is why I was asking. They did not do my lapband  but I was thinking of getting them to have my revision done. 

Most Active