Endoscopic RNY revision Apollo over stitch

nickolette
on 6/2/15 6:51 am

Hello, thank you for this post. I had the apollo done yesterday. Very sore throat but im ok. I feel so hungry with a headache. I did the Gbp diet before the surgery so I didnt go from all to nothing. Dr. wants me on 1 week clear liquids and 2 weeks of liquids then 6 weeks of puree foods. then 7 weeks of hi protein and low carbs which I will be doing anyways. I have heard nothing but neg. about this procedure from people, It's refreshing to here positive. I believe if you follow the rules it will be great...thanks again

nina144
on 6/2/15 10:00 am

Hi good job. Relax. It's a tuff hill. U can do it. I hand it done 12/16/14 @208 lbs day of endoscopic Apollo stitch revision

I have followed same diet/program 100%. And no not easy. As of this past Sunday. 149Lbs. 20 to go to get to goal. It's only a tool. Nothing is perfect. Nothing is guaranteed yes. I only saw negative and I struggle every day. Nothing. No surgery will keep you from gaining weight. We must do all the work. I now eat clean as I did my first few years when I had original RNY in 2001.  I know now it's me. It's completely my doing. It's a tool only and every day I question. Is it working. Did I eat too much. Why am I always thinking about food.  But I eat carrots instead of crackers now. I walk 2 x a day now. By can do this. I take it 10 pounds at a time. I have been looking for support and positive bi have found none. It's very hard.    Contact me anytime.  Best to u 

nickolette
on 6/3/15 2:54 pm

I am really struggling with these clear liquids. I am only on day 3. I called the Dr. to ask if I can go on reg.. liquids he said no! I want to sleep for the next for days. I am also feeling sorry for myself. How many days did you take off wk. after? I am suppose to go back tomorrow but I think I need a few more days because im weak.

nina144
on 6/3/15 5:21 pm

Hi. Just breath and relax. I stayed in hospital overnight. I stayed home from work 2 wks. I did protein drink chicken broth. Diet jello  sugar free Popsicles for a few days. Than I think I added cottage cheese. I remember. It was to die for. U need to take it one hour at a time and sip your water and broth and protein drinks. This will pass. I was miserable too. Anyone who tells u they didn't struggle is full of it. It's not  the same as first arNY but it is to help you get you head in tune with your tool. What ever you do. Don't mess up. U went this far and now it's up to u. U can do this. Stay home and pamper you. The hot chicken broth was so yummy   If u feel comfortable. Try some cottage cheese or diet pudding or diet non fat low sugar yogurt.   Make sure u keep your carbs and sugar low try to stay under 10 grams per serving. U should be in mile ketosis by day 5. It will hell. Please contact me anytime. I know exactly what u are feeling. I didn't go out of the house for 6 days. Just relax.    My email is.  Bandit4 pawz@ yahoo.com.  Where did u have it done?  I went to UCLA

nickolette
on 6/4/15 5:18 am

I live in Chicago. I has it done at Edward's hospital in Naperville. I wish i could have protein drink im on Clear liquids till monday. I called into wk for the next two days. I have been getting on the scale and it's not budging. Do you think its cause they filled me with air? I am belching a lot.

nina144
on 6/4/15 7:01 am

I had same thing. Didn't loose first wrk. Natural. Don't worry. But u can definitely have protein.  Day 1 clear liquid

day 2 liquids. Day 3 add yogurt 2 oz at a time. Protein Sri k 2 oz at a time. Every hour

day 4 add cottage cheese 2 oz. day 7 add scramble egg. 2 oz. continue protein drink an sip water all day and chicken broth. Diary jello

email me. It's easier I gave u my email

belching normal u are doing perfect

nina144
on 6/4/15 7:02 am

ApScwork. U should definitely stay home a wk. I was very weak and slept. Had pain meds too had pain. For first wk

MichelleKC
on 9/17/15 7:03 am - KC, MO

Nickolette, How's your weight loss going since you had the procedure?

nickolette
on 9/17/15 3:57 pm

Not a damn pound off. I did liquids for 6 weeks and I didnt lose anything. Im ok but barley any restriction.  

cher22
on 2/14/16 11:13 pm - Oak Park, IL

Hope this message finds you well and enjoying your day !

Had apollo back in Oct , Only lost 11 lbs from the liquid preop prep ! Never lost a pound since and now gained 2lbs back UGH 

How are you doing ? Did you ever loose any lbs from the Apollo surgery ? 

I feel like an ALL AROUND failure !! 

Starting antidepressants tomorrow ugh because the mental anguish is so frustrating 

Peaceful day to you 

Most Active