Endoscopic RNY revision Apollo over stitch

cher22
on 11/24/14 7:06 am - Oak Park, IL

I am so happy for you ! I was told that my diet will be the same as pre op gastric. Clear liquids 5day pre , 5days post of then puree foods for 2weeks then soft for 2 weeks then to solids  . I was hoping to hear if i was approved or not today but no call.  Even if insurance dose not pay I will pay for it myself !! I need my tool back to working order . 

Good for yo with your Positive attitude !! I have no doubt about ME and the Apollo OS working together !! 

My only thing is is that I do not have a workout buddy anymore ! UGH  So i have to push myself to go to the gym! 

Stay intouch with me K I would love to see how your doing after surgery !  

Happy Peaceful Blessed Holidays to you 

nina144
on 11/24/14 7:12 am

I don't have a buddy either. But I'm happy to be email support it will help me as well

[email protected]

Whit
on 11/24/14 1:14 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

Unfortunately there is no proof of long term success for this procedure. Surgeons are recommending this as a revision because it is simple to preform and covered by insurance. 

I wish all luck but recommend more research into options. 

Before you rush into it you should ask your doctor for documented results. Good luck I hope you prove me wrong and this works for you. 

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

nina144
on 11/24/14 3:02 pm

Why so negative. I'have done my research I've intervied patients and Drs all across US , who do this. As well as the mfg. nothing is a guarantee. This is only a very min surgical option to help tighten your tool. (If need be). To help me get back on track.  No cure all.  It's  still all up to me. but the opportunity is better than nothing.  So,   if this is what I need to get back on track than I'm going in with a positive attitude. I have asked the mfg for the long term studies that  they did.  I went I dr all of this with my personal Dr.   It is just like any other Bariatric procedure... nothing is 100% or guaranteed. It's how the patient applies it   This is no easy out believe me   So I'm going to try my best with a tiny bit of hope and support 

please don't be negative.     It's a lifetime job on my part that I will not give up trying and working at. We all know this 

Whit
on 11/25/14 2:55 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Please post the results of the study supplied by the Manufacturer. But I have to say manufaturer of what? I though this was a procedure not a device. I would be skeptical of this information they have a vested monetary interest.  Look at the Band and its high rate of failure. Even though the Lap Band (Alergan) is deep in several class action suits they are still selling their product. 

My intent is not to be negative but realistic. Please site any long term positive results you have. I am sure there are lots of people interested in this documentation.   Dr's will push what they can do not necessarily what is the best option for a patient. They also have a living to make. 

Like I said good luck. 

Whit
on 11/25/14 3:02 am
Revision on 12/10/12

Also I notice you are in LA you have one of the best revision Dr's in the nation in your backyard. Dr Ara Keshishian. Get a second opinion.

go to dsfacts.com and look into all of your options.

His site is as surgery.com. 

nina144
on 11/25/14 11:34 am

I have already done this. As well as talked to some  very renouned surgeons. They all said try this before going under the knif for 8 hours. A revision like u had is very very dangerous   And very creative   I will try  this first. They have excellent results from the Appolo over stitch 

nina144
on 11/25/14 11:30 am

Yes a procedure. I'm having this done at UCLA. Can't get any better of a group of doctors   I'm very familiar with your Dr. I want to give this a chance. I don't want to be in the hospital like u were. This is very invasive  u can google tril results and go to bariatric journal of medicine and u will find yje trials of the past three years  why are u so interested u already did your revision busy don't say things yhat you don't have correct truth to back it up good luck on your success. I will do everything to make ,y tool help me and get back on track 

Whit
on 11/25/14 12:28 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I do not need to google it I looked into it 2 years ago and decided it was not for me. Went to 2 surgeons who did not recommend it. I am not trying to change your mind or judge you. You asked a question which i answered. You took it as negative but it was a statement of fact nothing more. I asked you to post the info you received from a Dr. which may or may not be reliable anyone can post anything on Google. 

I have wished you luck several times and do mean that. I am on this site like anyone who has had or will have WLS. To share my experience and hopefully help others. Not sure what you mean by correct truth. It is my truth which is correct for me. 

If that is not helpful to you so be it. I will not recommend something I know has a low success rate. Hopefully it will work for you I do wish you the best.  

nina144
on 11/25/14 12:32 pm

Your amazing lady. This was NOT available two years ago the FDA just approved it last year  it was still iin clinical tril. I am done with you in this subject. Best of luck to you and a very happy Thanksgiving

Most Active