Endoscopic RNY revision Apollo over stitch

danielle1964
on 11/12/14 9:01 am

I was on liquids for a week and then purees for weeks. After approximately 6 weeks, I had a barium swallow that showed the fistula to still be present.

nina144
on 11/12/14 11:23 am

I hope u are feeling ok and no pain. Did u have significant weight loss  what do u do now?  It's all so frustrating isn't it?  I had my consultation today. I am so frustrated with myself. I thought I was done with all these weight problems. I will never be done

danielle1964
on 11/12/14 11:27 am

I actually had lap surgery done last month to repair. Loooooong story, but things didn't quite go as planned. But my whole surgery story really has nothing to do with the Apollo OS, so, I'll spare you all of the details. If my best friend asked me if she should do the OS, my honest reply would be to really look at the stats before deciding to pull the trigger. It doesn't have good long term results. 

nina144
on 11/12/14 11:59 am

I'm sorry about your issue. Thank u for taking the time to reply. Yes. I am confused about it. Part of me says. Give it a try because it's so minor but part says bite the bullet and do a strict protein. I'm torn   The Dr say it will work if I do what I'm suppose to. I just want my tool back 

shugamuma
on 11/17/14 5:15 pm

I was looking into this also, had consult and it's been sent to insurance, I was doing it because insurance denied my revision and it was basically how the medical office wrote it up and the codes for the revision does matter it's under some weird unlisted code but you have to give thorough details when sending it in for approval

nina144
on 11/17/14 9:57 pm

When will u have it done and where. My insurance is irking this procedure. I'm waiting for my schedule date

shugamuma
on 11/18/14 12:57 am

I'm waiting to see if insurance will approve it, if they do I'll probably have it within the next month. Has insurance approved you? What insurance do you have? I have Anthem BCBS

nina144
on 11/18/14 1:31 am

Thank u for your reply. I have PPO Blue Cross and do not need a pre authorization because it is not coded as a revision. It's and endoscopic biopsy/over stitch.  I'm doing it at UCLA.  Where will you have it?  I'm going in with a very positive attitude 

cher22
on 11/22/14 8:45 am - Oak Park, IL

Hijacking my own post LOL 

Great post from everyone !! 

I am also waiting for approval from insurance . 

I have seen the dietitian a requirement by my surgeon

I feel confident about the Apollo OS !

It will be team work Me and the Apollo ! I am looking forward to the shut off trigger that I once had and loved so much after gastric !

The diet for me to follow pre op and post op is that of the same out line of when I had the gastric bypass

5Days prior clear liquids , 5days after clear liquids, then puree and so on

I am grateful for all of you !

If anyone has any questions I am open !

Surgery should take place with in the next few months!

Note : I will return to the monthly support group that I once was the vise president of :D

Happy Peaceful Day to All

nina144
on 11/22/14 9:15 am

I am my date. 12/16. May I ask what your post of diet will be. I am having it done at UCLA. No pre diet required although I plan on liquid prior. Haven't been given any other instructions. Assume I will be when I get to the hospital. O too am going in with a positive attitude just want my tool to help me 

any advise would be much appreciated 

Most Active