Frustrated

kia_1979
on 11/9/14 12:46 pm - Laurel, MD

I have completed  everything  to be considered  for a revision from the band  to the sleeve. The weight loss is a struggle non fact I have gained  an its taken me over  the 6 months. I have Kaiser an their process is beyond  ridiculous. I'm going for my final  weigh  in on December  17th.  I'm just going  to  tell her to submit  my paperwork  to the committee. If I could lose weight  with the  band I would not be Asking for  a  revision.

Hislady
on 11/9/14 1:14 pm - Vancouver, WA

I agree, some groups make it ridiculous and we all know that the band is so useless! Just hang in there and appeal if they don't ok it!! Good luck!

kia_1979
on 11/9/14 1:31 pm - Laurel, MD

I sure will. It's crazy at one of their forums the surgeons was like their doing less surgeries and he was not sure why. Then on the Second meeting  we have to do a letter as to why we want  the surgery. I can't  deal I want  my life back. No I'm not willing to keep doing this. It is what it is on the 17th. Kaiser is ridiculous 

ladygodiva1228
on 11/10/14 11:21 pm - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

I feel your pain.  I have been getting dicked around by Cigna since April.  They denied my first request, denied the appeal, after the peer to peer they still denied me.  My surgeon has taken my case to Cignas National Appeasl unit.  Not sure what the outcome will be, but I have a lawyer lined up to sue the **** out of Cigna.  Their reason for denial?  It is not medically necessary to have the band removed and revised to the bypass.  Yes my BMI is at 40 again which sucks.

I have 24/7 heartburn and pain on my left side.  My port is encased in scar tissue that you can feel just by pressing in slightly on my stomach.  I have no fill, yet I still have some restriction due to scar tissue that has built up around the band.  I am tired of feeling like **** and vomitting because some things will go down and others just don't want to stay in no matter how much I chew.   Just a bunch of bull**** and the dam insurance company not wanting to pay.

Bostongrl13
on 11/11/14 6:48 am

I feel your pain!  I've been struggling with my band and am awaiting revision surgery on Dec 15th. Still waiting on the approval from my insurance company but my dr said it shouldn't be a problem. I'll feel so much better once I get the final word from the insurance company.  Trying to stay strong. 

Most Active