Who has a revised distal RNY?

alysawheeler
on 11/8/14 10:31 am

The alternative was a 5-6 hour open procedure. I was not ready to do that. Also, Dr Coates has a great reputation and I respected his opinion. 

alysawheeler
on 11/8/14 10:31 am

The alternative was a 5-6 hour open procedure. I was not ready to do that. Also, Dr Coates has a great reputation and I respected his opinion. 

cboone
on 11/8/14 12:17 pm
On November 8, 2014 at 6:31 PM Pacific Time, alysawheeler wrote:

Understood.  Did you just shorten your common channel or did they do some work on your gastric pouch and/or your stoma

alysawheeler
on 11/9/14 6:42 am

He did not touch the pouch or stoma, just the bypassed intestine. He did say he saw my pouch and that it was small, the food just passes through it faster, hence the weight gain. 

alysawheeler

He did not touch the pouch or stoma, just the bypassed intestine. He did say he saw my pouch and that it was small, the food just passes through it faster, hence the weight gain. 

alysawheeler

cboone
on 11/9/14 7:46 am

So do you expect to lose more weight? Isn't the food going to continue to get through fast?

alysawheeler
on 11/9/14 9:21 am

This is where the distal helps, it helps the body to pass food faster and causes us to not absorb the fat causing more bowel movements.  This is also why I have to be vigilant with my vitamins, because the body can get vitamin deficient very easily now. This is not a restrictive surgery like my past RNY. 

alysawheeler

This is where the distal helps, it helps the body to pass food faster and causes us to not absorb the fat causing more bowel movements.  This is also why I have to be vigilant with my vitamins, because the body can get vitamin deficient very easily now. This is not a restrictive surgery like my past RNY. 

alysawheeler

Most Active