Failed VSG (mostly my fault?) Need guidelines for approaching surgeon

Hi Everyone -- I'm so happy this board exists. I've regained nearly all of the 80 lbs I lost. My PCP/GP thinks this is due in part to 2 meds I took during this time that are known for causing weight gain. I've also faced several big stressors, deaths in the family, work changes, financial stresses. 

Does anyone have guidance regarding approaching my surgeon/requesting a revision? I'm worried she will blame me and be reluctant to do anything for me Also I have concerns about my insurance... 

Any and all help most appreciated!

Lucy van Pelt 
 Highest 255 Surgery 248 Current 170
Goal: 150

Hislady
on 10/22/14 7:19 am - Vancouver, WA

I wouldn't be so quick to jump to a revision if you say it is mostly your fault. If you are still on the meds a revision isn't probably going to help much. The stresses are everyday life and will continue to happen. Sounds more like you need to get into some counceling to learn how to deal with those types of things and get back to following the basic weight loss diet to see if you can do it without another major surgery. Go high protein and low carb is a good way and also journal every bite that goes in your mouth.

pineview01
on 10/22/14 3:08 pm - Davison, MI

I have to agree with Hislady!  Try counseling and learn to deal with why you're eating issues in the first place before looking to a revision. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

SThomas209
on 10/22/14 2:48 pm

For the longest time  thought that not dong well with the band was my fault and I think that partly it was BUT a part of my failing was also due the to the band itself.   Why don't you go get  your sleeve checked out with another surgeon?  if you go to the same one you will probably get blamed and he/she will not be eager to help you  get a revision if you need one. 

pineview01
on 10/22/14 3:10 pm - Davison, MI

I agree with wou on the band being at fault in your case.  But with the sleeve you have a good tool.  You need help in figuring out why you have eating issues and deal with that.  It sure makes a difference.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active