BOB? RNY TO DS? RNY TO RNY? ALL HAVE SLOW WEIGHT LOSS

Whit
on 9/30/14 8:20 am
Revision on 12/10/12

HI there,

I revised from RNY to DS in 2012.  My BMI was 40 and about 90 pounds to lose to reach "normal" BMI weight. I lost that weight in 7 months. Then I lost another 50 in the following 6 months. I am currently a size 2 and have a BMI of 19. I do not think that is slow. 

I researched all options and quickly found the revision to DS the only one that made sense for me. I only know one person on this board Heather (that does not mean there aren't others) that has been successful with BOB. 

I had surgical complications and developed a leak. However that can happen with any surgery even no WLS related surgeries. Recovery was not easy and I still have issues with food and supplements sometimes but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Only you can decide what you are willing to do for long term success.

Best and good luck in your choice.

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

TryingHard18
on 9/30/14 10:30 am - atlanta, GA

No thats not slow at all.  Congrats on your success!

Thanks for sharing. 

cboone
on 11/4/14 9:51 pm

How much did you pay?

Whit
on 11/10/14 2:21 pm
Revision on 12/10/12

I was and still have double coverage. Surgery was medically necessary so both covered. My surgeon has a fee which is not covered and completely out of pocket. So I had that fee, travel expenses and food and hotel for 3 weeks for my husband.  

cboone
on 11/11/14 3:15 am

If you recommend your surgeon, who is he and where? Also is anastomosis enlarged or dialated considered medically necessary?

Whit
on 11/14/14 4:32 am
Revision on 12/10/12

My Dr is listed by my name. It's Dr Ara Keshishian. Considered one if the best in the country so yes I recommend him. I do not know what is considered medically necessary I am not a Dr. You will need to ask your

Best 

Most Active