ROSE PROCEDURE

who knows
on 8/19/14 6:14 am

I hope this is the right place to ask this question regarding the ROSE procedure.   I am wondering who does this type of surgery? would it be a bariatric surgeon or a gastroenterologist?  I can not find a dr who will do a revision on my RNY of 13 yrs ago as there was a tear made in my esophagus during that surgery. no dr wants to go there I guess. But yet I can have en edoscopy! I am confussed but anyway..............what type of dr does the ROSE and how do I find one???  thanks you

Hislady
on 8/19/14 3:25 pm - Vancouver, WA

Reputable bariatric surgeons don't do the ROSE procedure as it is pretty much a waste of time, at most people lose 20-30 lbs from what I have read here on OH. What you need is to find a good baratric revision surgeon who can maybe help you.

Whit
on 8/24/14 8:55 am
Revision on 12/10/12

I do not believe this procedure is effective. At least I have not heard any positive feedback or success stories. I revised from RNY to DS in 2012. by Dr Ara Keshishian.

Have you looked into him as an option? He does take on some cases that other Dr's will not. Check out dsfacts.com

Good luck to you

Whit

Revision from RNY to DS 12/10/12 Dr. Ara Kesishian BMI: 19

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Most Active