Resleeve or not during DS revision

Reinvented1986
on 8/13/14 11:21 am

Hello every one I'm new on here. A little about me had the sleeve in 2012 HW 290lbs lowest 230lbs after 2 years I'm at 250lbs  with having a baby. I'm fully decided on a revision and getting a DS. My surgeon dr.Roslin says my sleeve has stretched but I still have restriction he doesn't want to Resleeve during my revision. My concern is not losing any or adequate weight. I want to lose at least 100lbs. Anyone who has had a revision via sleeve to DS with and without Resleeve please leave me some info on your weight loss stats. Vets please chime in as well along with anyone who has had experience with dr roslin yatco did my original surgery. I want to listen to him since he is the professional with many years under his belt and his concern is the complications associated with Resleeve but at the same time I want optimal weight loss I am not going under the knife again to only lose 30-40lbs will post on the revision board. Thank you all for your input. 

MsBatt
on 8/14/14 3:19 am

I'd listen to Dr. Roslin. Re-Sleeving carries a significant risk, especially if the new staple line would need to cross the old staple line.

I know a lady on a different board who had a VBG way back when. She got revised to the DS intestinal portion, but it was not possible to give her a Sleeved stomach at all. She's at goal and maintaining pretty easily.

Reinvented1986
on 8/14/14 9:06 am

Thanks ms.Batt I was hoping you would chime in I've been on the board for awhile reading but just now made an account. I will take heed. With my surgery approaching I will be asking a lot of questions 

Most Active